Chapter 1: We'll meet again

Penelope returns to see the palace collapsed by the fire of the dragon before falling to the ground. Her body aches to die and she won't stop vomiting blood.

"Does it all end here? Penelope, in each life are you destined to die?" She says she in a whisper, with one hand she touches the mortal wound that Leila made her and in the other hand she carries a piece of Callisto's cape. The crazy bastard trying to save her sacrificed himself for her. She tried to avoid it but it was too late, the only thing she managed to save was a piece of his iconic cape.

"Callisto, even so ... I'm going to die again. Why did you save me?" Penelope can't help crying. She had made every effort to get out of that damn game alive, she had managed to kill Leila but she had been mortally wounded in the process. Still, Callisto wanted to make sure that at least she lived if there was even the slightest chance.

《Wherever you want to go, I will follow you, Penelope.》Callisto had once told her.

At that moment he was smiling, she thought Callisto was joking... but when she looked closely at his face and his eyes, she knew that he was talking seriously. She didn't want to admit it, but her heart was touched then. Penelope felt a pang in her chest, the man she had fallen in love with was dead.

Callisto's dream had been to be a great emperor and Penelope knew that he had all the character and strength to be one... but now that he was gone...

《Go home, Penelope. When you return, forget everything that happened here, but don't forget that I love you.》 Those were his last words.

Had they survived, Penelope would have liked to tell Callisto that deep down she had decided to stay with him and see him fulfill his dream. After all, she no longer had anything or anyone left like when she was Cha Seyeon. Like Penelope, despite a bad start, she couldn't help but love Callisto. She tried to deny it and fight the feeling, but then she recognized that she liked spending time next to him.

《Do you want the throne? I'll help you to have it. Do you want to destroy the empire? I'll destroy it with you. This corrupt world does not deserve salvation... so if you go crazy, we must go crazy together.》 Callisto had been able to give everything for the princess of Duchy Eckart, even his life.

Penelope continues to cough and lose blood, she knows her end is near. Now everything is blurry and the pain accompanies it.

"Your Highness, at least I took damn Leila with us to hell."

The more she talks, the more her body hurts, but Penelope wants to say goodbye to this world.

"Callisto, if it was true that you would go wherever I go... please let me see you and your golden hair one more time. Even if it hurts my pride and it doesn't seem like me, if we had another chance to live and support us... I wish I had sworn eternal love to you."

With a weak and sad smile, Penelope Eckart takes the last breath of her making a wish.

_________________🏵__________________

Penelope feels cold, she knows that she has died but she cannot see anything clear yet. At the moment everything is black and she wonders if being dead she feels as lonely as now.

She can hear the water falling, and the movement of some small trees because of the wind. As if she were in a garden.

Her sight slowly becomes clearer and she soon realizes that she is in the garden of the Imperial Palace.

"What? Why am I here? These are my memories of when I met..." Penelope hesitates and she is confused, and before continuing to speak to herself she feels something cold and sharp on her neck.

She did not expect to see him again even though she wanted to. After all, her life was never fair and kind to her.

"I was wondering what kind of rat came to roam this place. Aren't you the crazy bitch of the Eckarts?" For her, his voice sounds like a beautiful memory.

Penelope thinks his hair glows beautifully in the moonlight. The prince's eyes look at her with shades of fury and coldness as the first time they met.

"I can't believe you came looking for me after observing the banquet scene... You must have a death wish."

Before saying anything, a pink box welcomes Penelope like this used to do before.

《You won the first round of the game, but you did not enjoy your victory. We think you should get a second chance to play and maybe this time enjoy the victory with a happy ending. Your prize from the previous round is restarting the game. You can go back to making new choices and following new routes. For now, try to win the affection of the male leads again, this time we will leave you with Crown Prince Callisto Regulus.》

And so Penelope's wish to see Callisto Regulus again came true.

__________________⛾___________________

Well, I hope you have a nice day.
This is the first time I have published a fanfic, forgive any misspellings in the story.
I had planned to just be a one-shot but wanted to continue it.
By the way, did you come here for my Facebook post?

Pdta: Blame the song Payphone for giving me ideas to create this story.
Oh, and also... Penny and Callisto are the best manhwa couple for me!
They are my adoration!

Regarding the title of the story, I was based on two songs that are:
- Writing's On The Wall by Sam Smith
- Somewhere Only We Know by Keane

I recommend that you listen to both songs to understand more or less what the story can be about and I chose them as they remind me of Callisto and Penelope's relationship.
Anyway, to create this I am drawing inspiration from quite a few songs, and depending on the context it will be the titles of each chapter of this fanfic. For example:

Song of this chapter: We'll meet again by Vera Lynn

Well, you can call me Daphne, nice to meet you and if you like this story, leave me a star if you want and I would be very excited to read your opinion or reaction in the comments.