Chapter 2: You and I

Once again Callisto Regulus's sword cuts through the cloth covering Penelope's neck. Unlike the first time, Penelope is not afraid, she just looks at him in surprise, trying to process all the information.

"Tell me, why did you follow me?" Callisto is still as imposing as Penelope remembers, and that is precisely why she holds the urge to cry.

If what the system says about restarting the game is true, she has another chance to win and get out of there alive... but that doesn't matter. Callisto is there, her wish to see him again has been fulfilled and she is also alive but... Callisto looking at her coldly causes pain, as if his sword really pierced her chest.

The 0% in her affection percentage shows the cruel reality.

He doesn't remember her, much less everything they went through together. If she had known this would happen in her first life as Penelope she would have pampered and valued him much more than she did. And now she ran the risk that the crazy bastard might kill her this time. Deep down she knows that she must go talking at once or her head will roll on the ground, for now she must think with her brain and not so much with her heart.

"Seeing that there is no response, it is time for the lady to say goodbye to her family. Pass your last words to the Eckarts." Callisto gives Penelope a smile that again seems demonic to Penelope.

The princess trembles, she had already gotten used to Callisto treating her differently as he did in her first life, and seeing him address her as his enemy, makes her want to cry no matter that he is in front of her. She wants to yell at him and tell him that he should remember her, but that will not happen.

"Don't worry, I'll take care of sending your corpse to the Eckart family."

'Don't break down now, Penelope. We've gotten out of a lot of trouble before, you must live.' Penelope tries to comfort herself and musters the courage to finally speak up.

"Your Highness, please stop! I'll tell you why, but stop, I beg you." Screams Penelope with all of her might. Callisto looks at her and raises an eyebrow, he brings his sword closer to her neck.

"It seems that now you do want to talk. Give it a try." Callisto waits for her answer and continues to bring his sword to Penelope's neck.

'Damn you crazy bastard, if you ever get your memory back, I'm going to punish you for this!' Penelope thinks as she slowly raises her hands towards Callisto's sword.

She seems like she's going to have to use the same excuse she gave him in her previous life.

"Well ..." Unlike the previous time, this time she can say that with the sincerity of her heart, but she also reminds herself that this is not her Callisto. "I ... I really like you, Your Highness!" She screams again, she just hopes this Callisto believes her.

As Callisto repeats in his mind several times what she has said to him, Penelope grabs the tip of Callisto's sword and manages to pull it away from her neck far enough so that it is not a danger to her life. She knows she's being bold, but luckily for her, Callisto doesn't seem to care much about her action... for now.

"What have you said?" Callisto looks at her with more attention and Penelope knows that if Callisto did not say anything to her for daring to take his sword away from her neck, it is to hear her continue to speak.

"I have liked you for a long time! I thought what happened at the banquet had shocked you, so I wanted to come and comfort you!" Penelope feels deja vu, and she doesn't know whether to laugh or cry because she feels her heart move when she says all that, at a time when she is just getting used to another change. She can't keep her face from flushing a little.