Chapter 4: Whatever It Takes

Penelope wakes up, still feeling tired. Everything happened very fast, she thought she was dead but in the end she went back in time as the original Penelope. She was delayed, but she has already processed it and she accepts it. She has a second chance to survive and be happy.

She is in her bed, sitting and lying on her knees. She thinks about what her next moves will be, although she still doesn't know what to do. But she has understood something.

In her first life as Penelope Eckart she was sure that she killed Leila, but apparently she did not really. Vinter took it upon himself to keep his word and commissioned her to put an end to the fucking pink witch again.

Penelope remembers that she stabbed Leila, watched her collapse. Leila had stabbed her too, but at least she stayed alive a little while longer. Penelope failed her mission and came back again. If it weren't for her reunion with Leila, she would escape the mansion and find a way to move forward to be happy.

Everything is different today, her perspective has changed. When she was Cha Siyeon, she was not completely happy but she was starting to build a path. Now as the princess of Duchy Eckart, and having already passed through her first life, she decides not to return to Korea.

Perhaps, if it weren't for Leila, she would talk to the duke and convince him to let her educate herself in archeology at an academy. Penelope learned in her first life that there was one, depending on the time in which she now lives, it could be that her beginning was late due to her age, but if she showed that she made an effort and learned, she could fulfill her dream of being an archaeologist in the Eorka Empire.

There are no reasons to go back to Korea, but there is a special reason to stay in Eorka. After all, she still has to capture and enchant male targets as the system commands... but more important than that even using the reason that for her is the most useful thing in life, it is said that she wants to listen to her heart one one more time.

The first Callisto she knew chose and loved her above all things, even over himself and his life. In this second life, while it might be difficult, she wanted to win back his sincere affection. She just has to be herself and conquer Callisto's heart.

If she was lucky, there might even be a way to deliver his memories of the Callisto she met before to the new Callisto she met yesterday.

"Callisto Regulus, I choose you too." Penelope whispers fondly.

She continues to stare at the window showing the bright day, but stops when Emily walks into the room with a smile on her face.

"Miss, are you okay?" Emily asks her. This time Penelope can see the concern on Emily's face.

"I feel much better. There's nothing to worry about."

"I'm so glad! I had been so nervous and worried. We were all worried about you, my lady, even the first young master." Emily smiles excitedly and to Penelope, she looks like a happy puppy.

As Emily continues to tell her the rest of the events that happened in the four days that she was asleep, Penelope watches her and remembers that in her first life Emily did everything possible to gain her affect and trust. Until the end, Emily helped her and managed to redeem herself from her.

Seeing her worry about her reminds her that other than Callisto, there are other people who are also worth staying for. She's not alone. Emily is not only her servant, she is her friend. While other people betrayed her, Emily remained loyal.

"Hey Emily, thanks. Good job, maybe we should have dessert together after I finish recovering." Penelope smiles softly at her. It's a thank you for what Emily did in the past.