Chapter 6: Duvet

The big stage gleams and the audience waits with excitement for the show to begin. A few minutes later a man stands on stage and speaks at the start of the show.

"Ladies and gentlemen, today's event is starting. We have prepared the best products for our attendees today! If there's anything you want, please call and have as many as you want!" The man when he finishes speaking can hear people clapping.

As in the first time she was in that place, Penelope feels disgusted.

'People are not objects or ornaments. I understood that by being Duke's decoration daughter and being the daughter of Cha Siyeon's father. But I cannot change the ideology of the people of this time, not now. Penelope clenches her fists. 'I must focus on my goal, that's what I came for.'

Penelope looks pityingly at the slaves being bought, their lives worth lots of money. Time passes, she feels more and more tired and disgusted. The slaves look melancholy and gloomy, lifeless.

The resentment that is born in the hearts of the people of Delman in the future will provoke a rebellion... and the leader of that rebellion appears.

"Now distinguished guests, what you have waited so long for! Finally the best product in our auction, he comes from a country of barbarians that suffered a crushing defeat by our Eorka empire. Delman's slave, Eckles!"

"Eckles, see you again, should I punish you or forgive you?" Penelope whispers.

She doesn't realize that someone is looking at her from afar.

The fifth objective is already there, Penelope can see in his gray eyes the anger and pain that Eckles has. His body is full of scars.

'Callisto and Eckles have some similarities, but they are too different at the same time.'

"You all must have heard rumors of this slave! But how can words compare with what is seen? Therefore, we have put together a show for you special guests! Enjoy it!"

This time Penelope is no longer surprised to see the raging beasts approach Eckles, but she can see him with pity.

Eckles looks furious, he fights with the beasts and easily manages to defeat them. Penelope looks at him carefully, and she is reminded that this slave was capable of being a worthy rival to the crown prince of the Eorka empire.

Eckles gasps wearily, tries to rejoin himself and meanwhile the audience applauds fervorly. Eckles tries to defend himself and fight the guards, but he falls to the ground when the guards use the ring.

The auction starts once again and people fight to get Eckles. Silly unfortunate Clurie makes the same offer, he offers 10 million. The public hopes that someone will make a better offer and Penelope prepares to make her entrance, but...

"If no one offers more, then it will be 10 million! At one, at two, at three..."

"I offer 100 million." Someone says. Penelope does not look for the person who said the same offer that she was going to offer. She is surprised but she can solve the problem.

She smiles.

"I offer 1 billion." Penelope offers a different amount of money than what she gave in her first life and she sees the presenter smile. She is willing to pay ten times the original price.

'Forgive me, Duke Eckart.'

No one else offers a larger amount and the winner has been chosen. Clurie is furious and the person who offered 100 million watches Penelope intently from afar without her noticing.

"Sold for a billion!"

'You have won again, Penelope.'

___________________🏵__________________