𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

━─━────༺༻────━─━

━─━────༺༻────━─━

31 August 1998

Sunday.

Sitting in the last compartment of Hogwarts Express, Draco Malfoy was lost in his own thoughts. Past few months were not less than a nightmare for him. His father was sent to Azkaban for twelve years.

Yet once again claiming to be under the 'Imperious Charm'. His mother was on house arrest till it was deemed fit for the Wizarding World to be safe from her. And after the trials he was declared 'innocent'.

Surprisingly because of the verdict of 'The Saviour of Wizarding World'. It was not necessary to come back for this 'Eighth Year'. But he needed an escape from the toxicity of the Malfoy Manor. And 'Hogwarts' was his only escape. Though he was declared 'innocent ', the dark mark on his left arm told a different story to others.

Now which was part of himself that he hated more than his father. Now his thoughts sitting alone in the compartment ran wild from his pristine 'Malfoy' childhood to his last trial before three weeks in which he was declared 'innocent ' after Harry Potter stood up for 'him' and his mother at some parts.

His chain of thoughts broke when the compartment door slid open. A mop of unruly black hair and big round glasses poked at him. "Can I sit here?" The great Harry Potter asked. He was shocked. For one, he was 'asking' to sit and other he was asking to sit with 'him'.

His thoughts were again broken when Harry repeated "Malfoy?" in slight urgency. He nodded his head dazed and muttered "Sure Potter." The raven boy sighed in relief and plopped himself down on the seat across from him.

Draco who was still sitting rigidly with Malfoy elegance didn't utter a word. Actually he hasn't spoken much accept few words per day in almost last two months. Noticing the questions in the eyes of another boy Harry whispered "Ask away Malfoy." Draco widened his eyes in surprise but asked nonetheless.

"Why are you not sitting with Weasley and Granger?" His first question. Harry smiled at him "Ron and 'Mione are Gryffindor Prefects like sixth year. And I am Quidditch Captain. I can join them but the annoying little firsties are too inquisitive for their own good." He explained.

"And by the way, Congratulations for being Slytherine Prefect and Quidditch Captain. Your results rival that of Hermoine last year. So the double Honor. Your mother must be proud of you. Don't you have to do Prefect duties?" He asked further.

These small talks with Potter were something new for Malfoy. Yet he answered slowly "Pansy Parkinson, my friend is a fellow Prefect. She handles train duties. I will take over from the great hall." He pointedly ignored the topic of his mother. Harry noticed and didn't push. Harry nodded.

"So this year will go smoothly. Don't you think Malfoy?" Harry asked. Draco sighed " Everything is not as it seems Potter. It's complicated." He muttered. " There is not a year in my life at Hogwarts which was not complicated. Try me Malfoy." Harry retorted. But Draco was saved from answering him when Hermoine Granger pulled open their compartment door.

"Train is about to reach. It would be nice if you can get ready in your robes Harry. And Parkinson was searching for you, Malfoy. Something about sharing the Prefect duties at Great Hall." She addressed both the boys politely.

If Draco was surprised by her civilness, he didn't let that show on his face. He nodded curtly at Hermione and replied "Thank you Granger." And nodded at Harry as a farewell for now "Potter." He muttered. And he was off to his duties.

Harry sighed after Hermoine left. Another year at Hogwarts. Will it be too much if he asked for it to be at least better?

━─━────༺༻────━─━