Prolog II

I am he who is and shall not be. I am Alpha and Omega, the first to be blamed and the last to be prayed to. I am plague and mother, and at the same time, the beginning and the end.

Born among mortals, I find myself in these cursed places, where I must suffer on this scorching land. I have fallen from my own paradise and am forced to obey all these demons. Surrounded by the cursed souls crying out to me, I wish it would all end.

The only escape I have left is your face and voice, the lighthouse in this storm born from chaos. You were everything I had, but now you are gone, and my soul cries.

When I met you, you lifted me up, wiped off that cheap makeup from my face, and told me that from now on, we would be together, that we would defeat death, the first couple to succeed.

I believed you, but when I dined with death herself, I promised her that if I were to meet her again, I would kill her. But all I did was drink from the cup of shame and feast on the pieces of disappointment.

And even after that, you took me back, and on the day death came to our door, instead of driving her away, fighting her, I made her dine with us. You continued to love me despite your horror.

But I betrayed you, my dear, and now I am just a wretch. Your last kiss was and will remain the culmination of my mistakes. You looked at me with pity, while death desired my soul, and I begged for your help through tears.

You offered it, but the price was the death of someone dear... and that someone was not me.

What's the point of immortality if you don't know how to love? What's the point of ruling over all these souls, judging them, if you don't know what needs to be done? In that play in which I found myself, I was just a cheap character, a fallen hero on the cold cement, but you helped me play the leading role on the big stage.

In my wretchedness, I ruined everything.