Prolog III

The steps that sought me in the secrecy of the night, in the place where our lips whispered eternal love, where I found solace, my soul has perished. All I desired was for you to love me, to hold me close to your chest and sing the love you bear for me.

In the midst of the night, I feel the blood beginning to boil, from the north, a group of black hats sets off towards the valley, collectively demanding my soul. From the darkness of the night, a heavy smoke rises, stealing you away from me, and the fire begins to ignite. With a peaceful soul, I contemplate that this shall be my end.

Deceptive beginnings seem to be the start of another life. Around me, the black hats sharpen their blades, one hat whispers to me with its dying breath to believe in nothing I see or hear, only love will save me. The prepared horses seem to dance on their hooves, exhaling through their nostrils over hills and valleys. That is my escape, but even these souls abandon me. Accustomed to death, I think only of you, for I long for you. Perhaps this suffering is the fate bestowed upon me by the gods, but I will continue to love you as only I know how. The forest seems to call me, to embrace me against its chest. I struggle with it, without hope of victory. I accept this cruel fate, but I pray for the passing days and nights to find myself reunited with you. My body begins to recover, but with each passing day, my heart suffers even more.

I live among strangers as a familiar face of death, with nothing left to offer, perhaps only personal suffering. I search for you in every soul I encounter, but all I find is sin and suffering. I have witnessed and experienced much along my path, but solace has only been found in pain. Even despair has abandoned me. All that remains now is this empty body that I carry through this purposeless and aimless world. I frighten even myself with how devoid of strength I have become. There is no escape for one like me, perhaps only repentance.

To constantly question why you, why you cannot be happy as well, that is true suffering. Not even blind justice can save you from your own judgment. Faith begins to abandon you. Illness takes hold of you, delirium and madness turn you into a phantom. Neither healers nor magicians can save you from the horrors that await...

And if I were to die, do not mourn for me, you have no reason to, I have done nothing to deserve this judgment. Now all I desire is to drink. Time is now my greatest enemy. I toast with this glass, drowning my bitterness, wanting to forget, to be able to complain to you, because if I were to die, a fragment of the love I carried for you will remain within me. I have been left alone on this path until dawn, life will leave me from this body.

A final thought stirs within the secrecy of the night, if I die now, or will I wake up.

Now I can return back to my world.