CHAPTER 20

I was about to finish the meeting when my phone rang. I excused myself to pick the call "Are you done?" Dom asked as soon as I answered the call.

"Almost. Will meet you there." And I hung up.

I didn't even turn back to face him when he said, "I hope you know what you're doing"

"You're not paid to worry about me. Just make sure the deal is on." With that being said I exited the HQ and enrouted to Alex's school.

I met Dom near the front gate and we walked hand in hand in the school building with our proud parent faces on.

We were seated in the auditorium with the rest of the parents. The function started and we patiently waited for our baby's act which was the closure of the whole event.

After about 2 hours into the event I saw Alex's class teacher making her way over to us. Her nervous face was making me nervous. I stood up to meet her when she uttered the most heart shattering words.

"Ma'am, we can't find Alex anywhere."

All of a sudden I lost all my senses. I couldn't hear anything beyond 'find Alex'. My eyes suddenly went  blurred with tears. I couldn't get a word out. I couldn't even hold my own weight and dropped where I was standing.

I don't know what happened after that. No, I didn't faint but but I was just as good as any unconscious person. When I came back out of the initial shock, I was in a car with Dom driving. I gripped my hair, pulling at them and let out a sudden roar, like the tigress Dom saw the first morning he woke up in my home, like the tigress who just lost her cub.

I reeled back in the reality. Pulled my phone out and dialled Grayson. "Talk to me"

"Nothing yet, the tracker is off, I have Hunter trying to turn it on, in case we can get a hint on a direction. I have spread the word on street as well.

"Check the CCTV. Will reach in 5." I hung up and asked Dom "Turn Left" without looking in his direction.

Thankfully he didn't ask anything, just followed my directions. As soon as he entered the gates of the compound, I didn't wait for the car to come to a stop and got off.

When I enetered the building with long strides the gaurds tried to stop me from entering. One of them came forward to punch me when he saw I didn't pay any heed to previous gaurds but before he could do so, I had him by the neck and on the ground. "You should know better than coming in the way of your own leader." I couldn't even recognise my own voice. His eyes widened with fear. He wasn't the only one getting to know this fact for the first time but I didn't have time to look for Dom's reaction.

"Boss, the conference room." Grayson shouted and I practically ran towards it with Dom right on my tail. I barged into the conference room.

"The tracker is still in the school, boss. They must have pulled it out."

"CCTV?"

"Nothing, just the parents."

"Then fucking look again" I suddenly banged my hands on the table as I shouted the words. For the first time in my life I was fucking outraged.

"What about the helper who was with Alex? Any info on her? She is missing too." Thankfully Dom was much more attentive during the conversation with the teacher than I was.

Hunter pulled up the footage where a woman in mid 50's was carrying my baby, asleep on her shoulder. I looked at the woman in question and poked my mind around for some info because I felt like I have seen her somewhere. As if I have met her before.

"No records, it's as if she doesn't even exist."

"The what in the fucking world am I paying you for Hunter?"

Dom pulled me back and into his chest. Suddenly there was a pin drop silence. "You being this aggressive won't help Aliza. You need to calm down." I closed my eyes and focused on his heartbeat. I never realised how much effect he has on me. He made me feel safe, as if everything will turnout to be just fine. He pulled away and cupped my face in hands. "We'll find him, I promise. I have my people out looking for him right now and a couple of them will be here soon to help your team. Now, I need you to think this through. Can you remember anyone who could have done that?"

I shook my head but before I could say anything, Grayson spoke up. With his eyes stuck on his phone he said "Boss, need you to look at this."

He showed the text on his phone and every puzzle started to fit in piece by piece but at the time everything is falling apart.

"FUCK" I shouted at the top of his voice and threw a punch in the wall.
"All this was just a distraction, A FUCKING DISTRACTION."

This time, no one stepped forward, no one uttered a single sound. I rested my forehead against the same wall I punched and took a long breath in.

"You need to leave soon, or he'll lose the shipment and you both will lose the upper hand." He raised his chin to point at Dominic.

"Wait, I'll loose the shipment? What are you talking about?" I ignored his question and turned to Grayson but before I can say anything he knew what I wanted say. "I'll handle it here. I'll bring Alex home, safe."

Alex, once again the tears in my eyes came to life. The one thing I was proud of, being a mother, was suddenly becoming the nightmare of being the worst mother. A mother who couldn't even protect her own child.

Mother. The word started poking in mind, something that I'm missing here. A connection I'm failing to see.

In the mean time Dom's phone stared ringing and went out to answer the call. But when he came back in, he had two people behind him. It suddenly hit me like a ton of bricks. As soon as the three men entered the room I had Zach by his neck slammed into the wall.

In the background I can hear Dominic as well as Alexander shouting my name but I was way too furious to pay any attention. "Where is your mother, Zach?" Every second he didn't answer I squeezed his neck a little tighter. "WHERE. IS. YOUR. MOTHER?"

Grayson pulled me away and held me by my shoulders "LIZA" he shouted in my face to get my attention and once he had it, he continued "you need to go, I'll keep him here for you."

I nodded my head. Took a deep breath in and looked towards Dom and Alexander.
"I need you both to keep an open mind and to trust me." I walked out of the room and both the men started following me. "You're really freaking me out Aliza. How the fuck do you know about the shipment? Forget it, where are we going?"

"SHIPMENT? You know about that? More importantly, who are you, Zee? What is this all about?"

As soon as we reached the main hall of the building I turned to him "Time is of essence. I'll answer all your questions in the car, but right now, I need you to trust me."

They both nodded their heads in acceptance. So I turned and addressed my men in the hall. Grayson order around 80 of our men to gather around for the mission. I gave them a brief about the situation and asked them to prepare for departure with all the arms they can get their hands on. My phone pinged with a text from Hunter which said "Dock 12"  I texted back with two possible locations, that I had at the top of my mind, they could find Alex at.

Soon we were in the car driving towards the location when the first question popped up. "How do you two know each other?" Dom asked.

"C'mon darling. Please don't tell me you still can't see the resemblance between your girlfriend and your second in command slash best friend?" I glanced at Alex through the rear view mirror. "Hey there, big brother."