CHAPTER 12

≈ Aliza ≈

It wasn't until two in the morning that I heard a knock on the front door.

After killing the assassin who was there to kill Dominic I made it back home safe and paid the babysitter. When I reached home with pizza in hand Alex's dull face suddenly brightened up. We had pizza for dinner with some quality mother-son time. But as soon as the clock struck half past ten I put Alex in bed. He was feeling a little low as Dominic was unable to make it but I promised him he would be here before Alex even wakes up.

After that I poured some wine for myself and absentmindedly played a movie. I was actually waiting for Dominic in the living room, somehow I knew no matter how late it would be he will turn up, and he did.

I opened the front door and took in the sight in front of me. He look so tired and disheveled. His suit jacket hanging by the tip of his finger thrown over his shoulder, loosened tie, untucked shirt. His hair were all over the place as a result of him continuously runnning his hand through them. Which meant, he was stressed.

I opened the the door wider to let him pass through. He made his way to the bar and poured himself a drink. Walking back to the couch he threw himself beside me.

"Tough day?"

"Nothing I can't handle" he said offering a small smile.

"You know you can talk to me, right?" I offered as I moved my hand to hold his.

"I know and it means a lot, thankyou." he brought my hand up to his lips and placed a soft kiss on my knuckles. A small gesture that made warmth crawl up my cheeks and make my heart flutter. Not even seconds later his smile morphed into expression of worry and concern. "How did this happen? "

I was confused at first, didn't realise what he was talking about. I moved my gaze to my hand. Fuck, why didn't I feel anything.

I had scratches on the back of my hand. These must be from when that assassin was struggling for his life. He must have clawed my hand to get me to loosen my grip.

"Oh it's nothing. On my way back from gym I saw a really cute cat but when I picked her up she started struggling and I guess she left her claw marks. I didn't even realise they were there"

He gave me an incredous look but thankfully didn't question it further. "Oh.. Okay" we talked for a couple more minutes before heading to bed, separately.

As soon as I reached the edge of my bed, I fell face first and was out like a light. Frankly I was extremely tired today. But I knew what happened wil be quite stressfull for Dominic. I just wanted to be there for him, wanted to make sure he was fine.

Next morning I woke up to the sweet smell of waffles. God, waking up to these kind of smell is heaven. Nothing can ace it. Oh, but I bet waking up to his smell would be way much better.

Hushh..

I did my morning routine and was soon making my way downstairs. I reached the kitchen and there he was standing in his sweatpants only, with no shirt to cover his gorgeous, droolworthy abs. I didn't even realise that I was staring for so long when he broke my daydream with same old cliché phrase "Like what you see?" and let's not forget the signature smirk.

I rolled my eyes but didn't bother answering his rhetorical question. "Good morning" was all I said.

But his reply "Goo-"  was cut short with my phone ringtone.

"Excuse me" I walked back to my room to attend the call.

"Speak" I said, in a cold and emotionless tone, to the person on the other end of the call.

"The new gang is creating a lot of chaos. Our subject is in a lot of stress as a lot of his men are already killed and his shipments are being hijacked on a regular basis. I have reasons to believe there's more than one mole in his own gang. The assassin you killed yesterday was one of them but I don't think he knows that he was suppose to kill him."

"Good work. Now, I want you to contact him and deliver the names, with proof, of the moles to him, anonymously. Anything else?"

"Consider it done and yes, he will be recieving a shipment worth millions in a couple of weeks. I believe that they will try to hijack this one too."

"Okay. Keep me posted." with that I hung up and made my way to Alex's room.

I sat beside him, running my fingers through his hair, "Good morning, my little man." with a voice so gentle and full of warmth, completely opposite to what I was using not minutes ago.

"Morning mama." he replied with a lazy smile. Just then I heard the front door being open and slammed shut. Weird, I wasn't expecting anyone.

I hurried Alex to the bathroom. "Come on, get up brush your teeth and come down for breakfast, someone's waiting for you there."

His eyes widened "Dom's here?" I nodded and he took off to the bathroom.

I hurried down the stairs scared of who it would be so early in the morning. As soon as I reached the living room, what I saw scared the shit out of me. The two hot headed men stood their glaring at each other, furious and confused at the fact what was the other doing here in my house. And lets not forget the guns aimed at each other's temple. I wasn't scared for our safety. But I was scared for how am I going to explain both of them what the other was doing here, in my home. Neither of them knew about the existence of the other in my life. And seeing how protective both them are when it comes to Alex and I, explaining things is not going to be easy.

"Why the fuck are you here?" both of them asked each other at the same time.

"Drop you guns" I hissed before either of them could utter a single word "Alex will be down any minute."

But it was like I wasn't even in the room. They maintained their defensive posture. I sighed "Grayson, Dominic, put your guns I don't want Alex to see them. We are safe. There's no danger. Put you guns away, now."

I told them in a stern but calm voice to let them know how serious I am but also that there's no danger from either of them.

They tucked their guns in without taking their eyes off each other. But once their guns were in, they both turned towards me and said at the same time.

"What is he doing here?" Grayson asked.

"Do you even know who he is?" Dominic asked.

Their coordination was so uncanny, that it got me scared for a bit.

Both of them were still on edge with each other's presence.

"Dominic, this is Grayson, he co-owns the gym with me and is a very good friend of mine." his eyes widened at my response clearly not expecting what I said.

"And Grayson, I'll explain everything to you, but not now. Soon, when we're alone."

"Like hell you're going anywhere with him alone, you don't know who he is." he eliminated the distance between us in two long strides and held my face in his hands. "I won't allow you, he is dangerous, I won't let him take you away from me. You don't know him like I do. He is the second in command of El fucking Lobos, the strongest gang in the country for God's sake.