CHAPTER 11

≈ Aliza ≈

It's been three weeks since Dominic moved out and like he promised he didn't disappear from our lives, atleast not yet. He spent his majority of weekends with Alex and I, it felt so normal, like it's meant to be, like a family. I still haven't given my answer, haven't told him how I feel. How am I suppose to do that with all the secrets. I don't even know if he'll feel the same way about me after I tell him who I really am.

A week ago Alex's school organised a play and every year I was the only person cheering for him in the audience. But this year while performing, when Alex saw Dominic in the audience watching his performance, he was the happiest kid alive. As soon as he finished his performance he, jumped off the stage, the boy didn't even care to go backstage first and came running towards us. He jumped into Dominic's open arms and wrapped himself around Dominic like a koala bear.

"You did awesome champ. That was such an amazing performance."

Seconds later we heard heard him sniffling and were automatically on alert.

Dom asked, "What happened Alex? Why are you crying?"

Alex finally loosened his hold around Dominic's neck and looked him in the eye with his own sparkling one as tears ran down his chubby cheeks. His voiced cracked as he replied, "I'm so happy, I've never had my daddy come to my events, only mom, but I'm so happy you're here today. Thankyou Dom."

Those words hit me like a bullet. I felt somewhat guilty that I somehow kept him from experiencing a father's love.  I know I cannot fulfill that position in his life but I also didn't know that it affected him to such an extent.

This made it much more difficult for me to tell Dominic about who I really am. Atleast Alex have Dominic right now, but if I tell him about myself, I will be tearing apart Alex from the only father figure he has.

It's Friday today, Dominic will be here around eight. I was just wrapping up my work in my home office for the weekend when I heard two pings, around five pm, signalling that I received two texts. I opened the first one, read the name which made my heart flutter. Yes, it was Dominic, he wanted to let me know that he will be a little late than usual as something urgent came up. I replied with an Okay.

I opened the second text and on the contrary to the first text this one had me shaken to the core. For a minute it became difficult to breath but I knew I cannot let it happen. The problem is I am not in a position to warn anyone about it also. So this is something I'll have to do myself.

I called the babysitter to look after Alex. I took a quick shower, dressed myself in an off shoulder, floor length black dress. Long sleeves of this dress made it easy to hide the knives I was planning to carry and the thigh high slit allowed me an easy access to the gun strapped to my thigh but was enough to hide them from people's eyes, in case things go south. I kept my hair down.

As soon as the babysitter arrived I said my goodbyes to Alex and was on the road. It took me about fifty minutes to reach my destination and when I did reach I kept my senses on alert, observing each and every movement or if anything was out of place. I threw my keys to the vallet and entered the casino.

This was my first time to this place and I was in awe. They have given a royal theme, with red and gold, to the place. The whole architecture and interior screamed royalty. I loved what Dominic has done to this place. Wait, you didn't know? Oops! This is one of the three casinos that Dominic owns and runs and he is suppose to be here tonight. The text where he said something urgent came up, that something urgent was related to his casino business. How do I know that, well thanks to the second text.

I walked straight in and strolled around a bit before finding Dominic, taking in every little thing of this place trying to find and remember ever little detail. At this very moment, I am neither Aliza, nor Alex's mother. Right now, I am a woman on mission. A mission where I have someone very precious to me on line.

After observing the area discreetly for good 15 minutes I felt the atmosphere of the place taking a one eighty degree turn. A place that had a liveliness to it,  where people were enjoying themselves laughing, talking to each other suddenly has become so intense and serious. The sudden change in atmosphere made everyone turn their heads to see the person behind this shift. But ofcourse, I didn't need to turn to know who it was, this was the aura of a person who ruled, the person people bow down to, it was of a King.

I slowly walked around the tables, eyeing him from a distance. He was sporting a white shirt combined with black pants, black suit jacket and black tie. Nothing out of ordinary. But even this 'nothing out of ordinary' styled clothes didin't keep him from standing out as the most gorgeous, most handsome man in the room. Beacuse his personality, his power speaks way louder than his clothes.

The man standing in front of me was a completely different person. This was not the man who I have come to know in the past few weeks. This was not the man who cooked dinner in my kitchen. This was not Alex's Dom.

Right now, he was Dominic Allen Queen. The king of the underworld. He was the person I've heard rumours  about. The was the cold hearted, dangerous leader of one of the strongest mafia in the country.

I skirted around people as far away as I can from Dominic. I took a seat on the bar stool with the sole intention of blending in. Plus the location of the bar was very convinient. From here I can keep an eye on every corner of this place.

Finally two drinks and fifteen minutes later I saw a figure behind the wall on the edge of the balcony overlooking the main area. I said I saw a figure because the balcony is not very illuminated. That entire floor is prohibited for everyone except Dominic.

I stood up and made my way to the stairs casually making sure I was out of the eyes of the staff and Dominic's goons. As soon as I reached at the top of the stairs I saw two of Dominic's men, no sorry let me correct myself, their bodies were lying lifeless on the ground. I walked around the bodies and made sure not to make a single sound as I saw my target right in front my eyes. 

I sneaked up on him. All the while playing different scenarios on how I am going to drain the the life out of man standing in front of me untill I was standing right behind him. In that very moment I decided not to create a mess.

I brought my lips behind his ear and felt his whole body stiffened. "Boo" I whispered in his ear and before he could react I kicked him behind his knee with my heel. Once he was kneeling down in front of me I wrapped a thin wire, that was once around my wrist as a braclet, around his neck and pulled him back against me knee which was placed between his shoulder blades.

A sinister smile took place on my face. A rush ran through my body, the kind of rush that I haven't felt in a while. This kind of sense of power, when I saw the life draining out of his eyes, when I felt his struggles dying down, was something I crave for.

Finally his body went limp signalling the accomplishment of my mission, I dropped his body down on the floor without a second look. I wrapped the wire back on my wrist as my eyes found the man I just saved from being assassined, the man who made his own place in my heart in just a matter of weeks. The man I love. A smile made its way to my face and unlike the previous minacing and evil smile this was a soft and gentle smile.

"I promise I won't let any harm come your way. I'll always be here in the shadows standing between you and anyone who as much tries to harm a single hair of yours"

Oh God, Aliza. Not a good time to be lost in you dreamland. Get the hell out of this place before he notices you here.

I made my way downstairs blending back in the crowd and casually walked out of the place as if I didn't just murder a man in cold blood.