CHAPTER 7

We reached home before 10 pm and Alex was waiting for me. Now that I realise I usually put him to bed at 9:30 but every friday I find him awake, waiting for me. I could have never imagined he waits for me because he knew I come home with bruises all over my body.

Alex turned to us when he heard the door being shut. He came running towards me and hugged me so tight "Are you okay?"

"Ofcourse baby. I'm absolutely fine." He gave me a huge smile. I paid Stella and thanked her for the night, soon she was on her way out.

"Come on buddy, time for bed now." Dominic came out from his hiding and picked him up. As soon as Alex was up in his arms I heard him whisper into Dominic's ear. "Thankyou so much Dom."

Which was quite surprising because its not like Alex to be so close to someone who's not me. Alex doesn't trust anyone easily but watching him getting so comfortable with Dominic was refreshing. Alex behaves like the child he's supposed be, around him. The only other person he feels comfortable in front of, to behave like that, is me.

But this behaviour, this bond raised a lot of questions. Is it okay for Alex to be so close to Dominic? He'll eventually go back to his life and I don't want Alex in danger. Which is the only reason why no-one knows who I really am or what I really do except a couple trusted ones.

Dominic smiled at him and took him to his bed. I poured myself a glass of wine, placed myself on the couch. I was so deep in thoughts that I didn't hear Dominic's footsteps approaching me. I only noticed when he stood in front of me with his arms crossed over his chest and he was holding something in hand.

"Take your top off" He said with a completely blank face, I frowned at him, extremely confused at his request or rather his command.

I raised an eyebrow in question "And why would I do that"

"Because you don't want your son to know that even though you're home early today you're still in pain, and because I promised your little man that I'll take care of his mama." he showed me the ice pack he was holding in his hand.

"Thankyou, but I've been taking care of myself before you, I can take care of myself now." I stood up and took a step forward towards my room.

But was he really going to let me go that easily? Hell, no. Suddenly I was pulled back by my elbow and crashed straight into his chest. "Either we can do it here or in your bedroom. So, which is it going to be."

I rolled my eyes even though I was slightly happy to know that he was keeping his promise he made to my son. Or is it because he is taking care of me.

No Aliza, you know you can't do that, you know who he is. Never in your life you've felt these things for anyone, you've always been so strong and avoided these feeling, yet, the only person in the whole world you shouldn't be having these feelings for is making you weak in your knees.

He wasn't going to let it go, so I made a quick decision that living room would be more appropriate considering all the raging hormones I've been dealing with, just like those of a teenager. So, my bedroom will most probably turn out to a be a lot dangerous.

I turned around, sat on the couch and stripped my top off, under which I was wearing just a sports bra. I felt him sitting behind me and in that moment the realisation of our proximity and how I was exposing so much of my skin came crashing down on me. He placed a hand on my bare shoulder, a weird sensation ran through body which made me shiver. He tightened his hold onto my shoulder when he felt me shiver as if he was affected by it, or may be he really is. Then he placed the pack on my back and I let out a hiss at how cold it was.

He asked me to hold the ice pack to my back and went back to the kitchen. A couple minutes later he brought out the leftover pizza that Stella ordered for Alex. He placed the box in front of me "Eat" and went back to his place behind me.

"Not hungry" I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Must you go against my every word?" he sighed "Please Aliza, eat". My stomach chose the very same moment to growl. My embarrassment resulted in a very Mesmerizing sound of him chuckling, so I took slice to eat.

Not a single word was exchanged between us after that but I did notice that when he sat behind me this time he was much closer than before with my back almost resting against his chest and I was practically sitting in between his legs.

I passed on a slice to him and we ate in silence. I don't know when and how but I passed out.

Next morning I felt a strange warmth, something very cozy. It made me want to nuzzle my nose further into it and I held it close to myself and hugged the life out of it. I suddenly remembered last nights event and opened my eyes slowly, scared to know what exactly was underneath me, as these cuddly moment are very rare in my life and when they occur the only person in my arms is Alex.

So when I opened my eyes first thing I saw was a blanket, with cartoon characters printed all over it, thrown over me. I smiled thinking how caring my little one is, he did his best to cover his mama with his small blanket. Then I turned my face towards the said cozy thing, only to realize it wasn't something but someone.

I took in our positions, which I must say, was very suggestive. He was sandwiched between the couch and me. I turned to make sure he was still asleep but my oh-so-good-luck, he was staring right at me with a small smile on his face, and stared back at him with wide eyes. "Good morning".

His greeting pulled me out of my reverie and I jerked away from him, which only resulted in both of us falling down on the floor as both my hands were stuck under his shoulder. Now I was the one under him but he had his hand under my head so it wouldn't collide with the floor.

As soon as we fell down I heard a giggle from somewhere in the room. I guess Dominic heard it too as he got up quickly and pulled me up on my feet too. 

I muttered a short morning to both of them and ran back to my room, as I did, I heard a series of laughter from the living room and if I'm honest to myself it was the most amazing sound I could ever have the pleasure to hear.

I smiled to myself and went in my room to start the day.