CHAPTER 9

Dominic's POV

"Alex, no matter what happens you will not exit the car. Understood?"
Alex nodded his head with wide eyes.

After that I was out like a flash and was soon kicking open the door of the house. The condition of the house was no better than what it was outside. The house reeked of alcohol but what really caught my attention was Aliza sporting a bloody gash on her face just an inch away from her left eye  and the shattered glass table infront of her.

Without thinking for a second  I ran towards her and took her face in my hands. "Fuck, it's bleeding."

She said something, but I couldn't hear, all I saw was red. I was furious. I turned around and saw the man who hurt. I don't know what came over me  but what I do know is that one second I was standing next to Aliza and the next I was straddling the man, punching the life out of him. The man must be in his late forties and guess what, he was drunk, so drunk that he couldn't fight back to even save his own life.

A minute later I was being pulled back by Aliza, well she atleast tried but it's safe to say I'm a strong man. I must say for a petite woman she sure is strong and I wouldn't expect any less than an undefeated underground street fighter. As soon as the man passed out I hopped of and faced Aliza, fury was radiating off of her but in that moment all I cared for was her being hurt. What I couldn't understand was, why she was so furious with me?

"Are you hurt anywhere else?" I asked while taking a step closer to her, she didn't bother answering my question. Instead she walked out of the door and all I could do was stare at her back. It was difficult to see with the black tank top but when I realised what it was, I felt as if it wasn't her back where the glass shards were sunk into, it was mine. But fuck me if that woman showed any kind pain on her face.

I increased my pace, took her by the elbow and shoved her in the wall, gently, face first away from Alex's sight.

She struggled a bit but I held her in place carefully, so that I'm not pressing onto her wounds. "Stay still" I said sternly. I started pulling out the glass shards, she didn't even flinch in the slightest.

I led her back to the car where Alex was on the verge of crying. Aliza pulled him to her lap in the passenger seat to soothe a very scared Alex and we drove off.

Without a second thought I took them to my new ganghouse. It's been a few days since everything came back into it's place and the gang was once again up and running. Upon entering the mansion I led them straight to the medical wing to get Aliza's wounds checked. I could feel everyone's eyes on us. Me bringing in a woman is not a big deal so their attention was on the 6 year old's hand in mine.

Seconds later I noticed Aliza's presence beside me "What in the world are we doing here?" She was furious. I didn't bother answering her because it was getting difficult to control my own anger, how could she put herself in that kind of danger. That drunk alcoholic piece of shit could have killed her right there and then. So I felt ignoring her question was safe than to replying with something that I knew I'll regret later.

A few flight of stairs and a couple corridors later, we were in the medical wing where I asked the doctor to treat her wounds. While Alex and I waited outside the room for her.

About an hour and half later Aliza came out of the room but by then Alex was already asleep on my lap. I stood up with him in one of my arm and I took Aliza's hand in the other. Soon we were on the way where I originally planned to take them for the night.

There was a small treck that we had to make. So I gave Alex a piggyback ride while I held Aliza's hand in mine I could feel her eyes on the side of my face but I knew her anger was long gone by now. It was plain curiosity and anticipation with a bit of nervousness for what was about to come, but the thing that amazed me the most was the amount of trust she had in me. I know it's difficult for her to trust people easily, how do I know that? Simple, in my line of work you learn to read people. Even after knowing everthing about me she trusts me enough to accompany me in such dense woods where it's impossible to spot a human for miles. No words can define how happy that feeling made me. It was getting difficult day by day to deny the feelings I started having for her but today when I heard the crash I felt something that I've never had felt ever in my life, the fear, the fear of losing someone. I will do anything and everything to keep these two safe because now,  I can't even begin to imagine what life would be without these two. They have become to most important people in my life.

After about 10 minutes I saw the clearing where we were suppose to be about half an hour ago, but still better late than never.

Aliza's POV

When we reached the clearing, it was the most beautiful sight I've ever seen. 

Alex jumped down from Dominic's back ran towards the sight with excitement clear on his face.

Two white tents were set up, with fairylights dangling over the top, right beside a huge and beautiful lake.  Beyond the lake it was a mesmerizing view of the hills. A mini barbeque and a picnic basket was there with an unlit bonfire surrounded heavy rocks and a wood log to sit on. It was the perfect camping sight.

"This is an amazing place for sunset, I was hoping we could enjoy it together, but we missed it by a couple minutes" he gave me sheepish look.

Great, now I feel guilty.

"It's beautiful and I'm sorry I ruined your plans." He held my face and made me look into his eyes. "Hey, none of that, I'm just glad you're okay." He said as while tracing his thumb over the gash beside my eye. His eyes, at this very moment, were so expressive as if he is baring himself for me. They held anger towards the man who attacked me, they held concern towards me, love towards Alex. No matter how much I try to deny but the fact was, I was falling for him, hard and fast. Despite all our circumstances, all my secrets, considering which I know this is the last thing that I should be feeling but it's getting difficult day by day to avoid the feelings I've started having for this man.

He leaned down, placed a sweet kiss on the wound and then on my forehead.

At this very moment I can't deny that I was falling for the big bad gangleader, Dominic Allen Queen and I was falling hard and fast.