CHAPTER 15

I woke in the middle of the night when I heard someone entering the room. I had a clue who it was, hence I didn't bother to getup and remained in the position I was in, on my side, facing away from him.

I heard the shuffling sound, most probably of him getting rid of his suit jacket. After a couple minutes I felt the bed behind me dip and an arm circling around my waist.

"Rough day?"

"Very" He said with a sigh. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to wake you up."

I turned around in his arms and placed a hand on his cheek and caressed my thumb over his cheek bone. "No worries" I said with a kiss on his forehead. The guilt was heavy on my chest. I wanted to tell him everything, but didn't want to add to his stress. On the other hand, I didn't want to lie to him, things will be a lot more easier if I just told him everything.

"Dom?" He replied with a weak humming sound.

"I need to tell you something" I waited for a reply but when I didn't get one I realised he was already asleep. Of-fucking-course the one time I decided to tell him the truth, he falls asleep. But then again, he had a long day, he was probably tired. When I looked at the bedside clock it was already quarter past two in the morning.

It didn't take me long to dive right into my own la-la-land.

For the second time that morning I woke up to a sound, instead of my own free will.

I heard a painful grunt beside me. I opened my eyes to see Alex sitting on Dominic's stomach.

"Alex, did you just jump on Dominic's stomach?" I asked in a stern voice. He gave me one of his guilty look "But mommy, I just wanted to play with him."

"It's okay Liz, I'm fine."

"No, it's not okay, I've told you before Alex, it hurts people when you do that. What are you suppose to say to Dom?"

He looked down shamefully and said in a small voice "I'm sorry Dom, it won't happen again."

"It's okay buddy, besides you don't weigh that much. So, what do you want to do today?"

He looked up with a huge grin on his face. "I will tell you later, it's a secret" and blinked his eyes which I assumed was an attempt to wink. It was so cute that I just couldn't control the laugh and gave a huge kiss on his cheek.

"Okay wait for me downstairs, I'll be with you in a couple minutes." As soon as he heard Dominic's word he was on his feet shouting an excited okay before running out of the door

I shook my head at his excitement with a smile on my face. I am proud of my baby. That's all I can say. He lights up my world like no one else. I turned my face towards Dom and found him a little too close to my face. He held the back of my neck in an attempt to kiss me but I place a hand on his mouth "Sorry, morning breath".

"I don't care about that." He frowned.

"Too bad, I do" I removed my hand and smirked.

I put my feet on the cold floor and stood up, what I didn't realise was that there was a devil sitting behind me who pulled me back by my waist until I was laying on my back and he straddled me which left me with no chance of escape.

Well now was his turn to give me that mischievous, devilish smirk. "We'll see". He said and without wasting a second more he smashed his lips against mine. It wasn't anything like I expected, it wasn't rough at all. It was gentle, it was so sweet yet very passionate. Well who was I to deny this sweet treat. Yes I have a sweet tooth, sue me.

I was just starting to get comfortable, starting to enjoy this heaven when he climbed off of me making me groan at the loss of warmth.

"Oops, sorry, forgot about the morning breath" he smirked as I glared at him and threw a pillow which he ducked quite skillfully and rushed into the bathroom.

Soon we were all sitting on the kitchen island, eating our breakfast with small talks here and there when suddenly Alex asked a question that sends me into a coughing fit.

"Dom?"

"Yes buddy?"

"Are you my daddy now?"

While I was having a coughing fit, Dominic's eyes bulged in surprise. Thankfully he soon came out of his stupor and handed me a glass water water. I gulped down the water and found my voice after a minute or two.

"Why would you say that honey?" I sounded a bit hoarse.

"Dom slept in your room last night. My friends say that their mommy and daddy always sleep in the same room." He said in a low but hopeful voice.

Dom and I shared a glance before he picked Alex, who was sitting on a stool beside him, and placed him on the island infront of him. "Do you want me to be your Dad Alex?" To which Alex nodded vigorously.

Dominic looked at me for a second, but I just stared, confused about what was he trying to do? How is he going to explain that we cannot fulfill his wishes. 

He turned back to Alex and said something that had me frozen in my spot. If what Alex asked was a surprise, I had no word for what I heard next.

"Alex, buddy, it would be an honour be your daddy." He said with a huge smile. A genuine smile.

Alex was on cloud nine when he heard that. He finally had someone in his life to call dad. I, on the other hand, was shook to the core. Yes, I was happy for my baby, but I was scared of the consequences.

"Mama, did you hear that? I have a daddy." I have never seen Alex so happy. "Yes baby, I heard." I forced a smile.

"I love you daddy" Alex wrapped his arms around Dom's neck. "I love you too, son". I realised it wasn't just Alex who was happy. Dominic also had a few unshed tears in his eyes and a huge smile. I guess it really was a big deal for him. I have no words to describe my joy thinking that we mean so much to him. But his smile faltered as soon as he saw my expressions.

"Son, why don't you go get ready for our day that you planned while I have a little chat with you mama?"

"Yes yes yes yes" he ran out of the kitchen yelling, I have a daddy, I have a daddy.

He stood up, turned me to face him and kneeled in front of me taking both my hands in his but didn't dare to look up from our hands on my lap. "Aliza? Are you not happy with it? Did I do something wrong Aliza?" He asked. His voice was barely above whisper. He was so vulnerable, so scared at the moment.

I looked up in his eyes "No, Dom, of course I am happy. This is the happiest day of my life, that my son found a father in you. It's just that.. Dom this is a huge responsibility, are you really sure you want to do this? You don't have to do this Dom."

"Hey, I didn't do it because I have to, I really want this Aliza. You don't know how happy that one question made me. I know this is a huge responsibility and I promise you I'm ready. And by that I don't only mean ready for Alex, but for you too Aliza. I'm ready for both of you."

I had a few of my own tears that I was fighting to keep at bay but couldn't help when they rolled down my cheeks. "It's not just that. You don't know anything about me Dom. There are a lot of things you don't —"

"Shh" He placed a finger on my lip, "I told you just yesterday, I don't want to force you into telling me something you don't want to tell me. No matter what it is, whatever it is that you have to tell me will not change what I feel for you. You are it for me Aliza. I'm in this for as long as I'm alive. But I also cannot force my feelings on you. If you don't feel the same, I'll und—"

"I love you" his eyes widened at my confession. But didn't say a word, he just kept looking at me with his buldged eyes.

"Say something, Dom" I said in a low voice. Scared of his reaction. What if he didn't—

"Say that again"

I closed eyes to muster as much strength as I could. "I'm in love with you Dominic Queen"

I opened my eyes, still scared of his reaction. He still didn't say anything but this time he had a huge smile on his face.

He stood up, pulling me up with him and wrapped his arms around me. He held me so tight as if he was afraid that I'll disappear the next second. With his face burried between my shoulder and neck he whispered in my ear

"I'm in love with you too, Aliza King." He kissed my temple and I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. "I Love you too."