Bright and Early

Luz had been a guard at the empresses castle for years, but this was the first time she was assigned to guard the princess. She had seen Princess Amity a few times well she was on patrol but she had never really spoken to her. 

But tonight that changed because she woke up to new assignments sliding under her door, "Go to the east tower and meet Princess Amity, escort her throughout the castle for her diplomatic meetings. Arrive at 8:30 AM, End at 9:45 PM." "Ughhh." Luz sighed as she got out of bed, putting her outfit on, she looked at her clock and saw to her dismay that it was 8:12. "Come on." She muttered quickly, grabbing her staff and running out the door.

She arrived at the east tower at 8:41 and found a very impatient Princess Amity sitting in a chair made out of what appeared to be abomination goop. "Princess Amity I'm so sorry I'm late, there was an... emergency." Luz said, panting after running up the twelve flights of stairs to get to the top of the stairs. "Like hell there was, I have very important meetings for the rest of the day and I cannot be late." Princess Amity said, getting off the chair and pulling the goop back to form her cloak.

Luz started to apologize but she stopped when she looked up and saw Amity's face for the first time. She had seen Princess Amity before but never had she really been paying attention. It seemed though that Princess Amity was paying attention as she started snapping at Luz.

"Guard, what are you doing?" Princess Amity asked, snapping Luz back to attention. "Sorry, just zoned out for a second." Luz said quickly regaining composure. "So where do you need to be first?" Luz asked. "The west tower." Princess Amity responded. "Excellent, come with me." Luz held out her shoulder but Princess Amity simply looked at her shoulder in disdain and walked ahead of her on her own. "Oh, ok." Luz said disappointed as she caught up to Princess Amity.

Five Hours Later

Titan this is so boring, for the past few hours she had been escorting the Princess to different towers, then sitting down and waiting for her meetings to end. Thankfully the one she was currently in (and had lasted 2 and a half hours) was almost over. But if Luz had to listen to anything else about trade routes or embassies she was gonna jump out the window.

Luz started to look at the window longingly but was interrupted by the princess talking to her. "Guard, I'm done with the meeting, could you please "'escort'" me to my next one?" "Uh yes ma'am, sorry just got distracted." Luz said, pulling up her scroll to look for where she needed to go next.

"You're a guard, you shouldn't be getting distracted like that, what if I was attacked? And don't call me ma'am, we're the same age." Amity said as she started walking out the room and down the hall.

"You're not gonna get attacked, this place is incredibly secure, your mother made sure of that." Luz pointed out running to catch up to Amity. "Still, someone could be embedded here as a spy, or there could be a bombing-" Amity said before being cut off by Luz. "You'll be fine, the chances of someone getting in here are slim to no-." Luz said before she too was interrupted, unfortunately though she was interrupted by the wall next to her exploding.