Reassignment

Being assigned to to the royal guard was not at all what Luz expected the note to say. But orders were orders and since she was about eighty-percent sure it wasn't a prank from her friends she reported to Princess Amity's bedroom. 

When she got there at 9:00 AM, (the time most assignments were for her) she found the room empty except for Princess Amity who welcomed Luz with her usual kindness. "You there, loose or whatever your name was, you are now my personal bodyguard." "Excuse me? Why am I your personal bodyguard, and not the Golden Guard or something? Also it's pronounced L-oo-z" Luz asked, shocked by this turn of events. "The Golden Guard is Emira's bodyguard, and I need a bodyguard myself, my old one retired last week. And I don't care how your name is pronounced." Amity informed her without ever changing her pitch or tone.

"Ok... but why me?" Luz asked, still confused. "Umm... I needed someone I know isn't a yes man who will follow every rule and regulation to a T." Amity responded, though her face betrayed her. "Why was I the person you chose, I may have some slight aversions to authority but I won't outright disobey the empresses laws?" Luz asked. "I have my ways of deciding people, just trust me." Amity responded with a slight smirk on her lips. 

"But that's besides the point, You have your first assignment in ten hours, until then you need to stay by my side for all my meetings." Dammit. Luz thought before putting a strained smile on her face. "Great, I just... loved those meetings yesterday." Amity could tell Luz was lying and got an even bigger smirk.

Ten Hours Later

Titan that was the most boring ten hours of my life. Luz thought as Princess Amity's last meeting ended. And even though meetings were over Luz still had one last assignment from Amity. 

Hopefully it's nothing too bad, like escorting her throughout the castle or something. Luz thought as she followed Princess Amity back to her room. "So what's the last assignment?" Luz asked when they finally reached the room. 

"I... can't tell you out here." The Princess responded, opening the door and stepping inside. Luz followed behind her and closed the door. "So what is it? Do you need me to kill someone?" Luz asked slightly nervous, and when Amity didn't immediately respond she started to suspect the worst. "Oh Titan you need me to kill someone don't you!" "What? No, I don't need you to kill anyone." Amity responded, calming Luz down. "And even if I did need someone dead I wouldn't ask you." "That's a relief, I think." Luz responded, sitting down.

"Ok so, what do you need me to do?" Luz asked once again. "I need you..." Amity walked over to her window and opened it. "To help me escape."