The Carnival

Luz looked at Amity's hand with wide eyes for minutes until the ride ended. She didn't even notice the sharp turns or falls. When the ride did eventually end Amity looked at her hand and blushed and pulled her hand off. Amity looked at Luz and brushed awkwardly before getting out of the seat and leaving the ride. Luz followed behind her, still staring at her hand.

Luz's trance was broken by Amity snapping in her face. "Hey, Luz, why are you staring at your hand?" "Oh uh, sorry I zoned out, it happens a lot." Luz responded nervously laughing. Amity looked at her with her eyebrow raised for a second before she shrugged and kept walking.

The two kept walking with Amity staring at everything she passed and Luz doing the same, though she was looking for threats.

Amity felt a tight grip on her shoulder and turned to see Luz was staring at her with a serious face. "Amity, we need to go now!" She said under her breath pulling Amity towards a store. "What, why? What's happening?" Amity asked, confused. Luz pointed towards a store and Amity saw what was making her so nervous, the Golden Guard was there.

"Come on! Why would my Mom's top general be here?" Amity asked as Luz pulled her to behind the store. "Wait, he's just a general, I thought he was your cousin?" Luz asked when she arrived behind the store. "What? No, he's just a high ranking general." Amity responded.

"Oh, that's good, people were worried since Emira is dating him." Luz said, relieved. "WHAT!?" Amity asked, surprised. "You didn't know, fun." Luz said, nervously. "When did that start?" Amity asked. "Like three years ago, how did you not know, I thought everyone knew." Luz asked, confused. "No, when would I have heard that?" Amity asked. "Have you seen them- nevermind we need to get out of here or you'll never be able to leave the castle again." Luz said, changing the subject.

Luz grabbed Amity's hand again and teleported her out of the carnival.

The two arrived back a few feet from the Owl House. "Thanks for doing that, I know what must have been difficult." Amity said, as she turned towards Luz. "No... problem." Luz said between breaths. "Are you OK?" Amity asked. "Yeah that just, took a- took a lot out of me, let's try to avoid teleporting, too many of them can hurt the people who cast it." Luz said, as she got up off the ground. "So you risked your job to let me get out of the castle, and then risked your health to make sure I could again." Amity said under her breath. "What was that-" Luz asked before she was cut off by something unexpected, Amity had kissed her.