Escape!

"Oh uh, yeah I guess." Luz responded, she got off the bed and put her mask back on before waking out of the room. Amity followed behind her, getting used to the new clothes. After a few minutes of walking they ran into their first problem, Luz's friend Willow ran into both of them.

"Hey Luz, I heard you got promoted, nice." Willow said. "Oh yeah, I did, but we really have to go." Luz said quickly. "Hey what's wrong, and who's that?" Willow asked concerned. "Uh... she's my... girlfriend." Luz said. Amity looked at her angry and confused for a second before she said strained. "Yes, Luz is my girlfriend, we are dating." "Ok... well I gotta go." Willow said before walking away. "She looks cute." Willow whispered to Luz as she passed by, which caused her to start blushing instantly.

Once the were out of earshot of Willow Amity looked at Luz and started chewing her out. "I'm your girlfriend!? Since when!?" "It was the first thing that came to mind." Luz said defensively. "How in Titan was that the first thing you thought of?!" The Princess yelled. "I don't know, Willow was talking about her new girlfriend Boscha recently, so when I saw Willow that was the first thing that came to mind." Luz said, trying to get Amity to believe her. That's not the real reason. "Ok I guess that makes sense." Amity responded. It doesn't.

"Let's just keep going." Luz said, sighing. She continued walking and Amity followed behind her, slightly embarrassed. By the time they had reached the door to leave they had run into two of Luz's friends, Augustus and Vee. And knowing that Willow would talk to them about Luz's new girlfriend they had to keep up the façade. So when they finally reached the door Amity was very mad at Luz.

"You seriously couldn't think of a better excuse!?" Amity asked as they reached the exit. "Sorry, I'm not good under pressure." Luz said defensively. "Your a Coven guard, that's the one thing you should be good at!" Amity pointed out. "I'm bad under social pressure I'm fine in a fight." Luz responded. Amity simply stared at Luz before starting a whole new conversation.

"Well at least we can be done with this inane 'girlfriend' story." The young princess said, relief filling her voice. "Yeah, I'm surprised anyone believed it though, I'm way outta your league." Luz said semi-sarcastically. Are you happy with it ending though? "I'm sorry, your out of my league. I'm a princess, your just a coven guard." Amity said pretentiously. "Maybe, but I'm nice, and cute I'm easily a solid eight." Luz said with a smug grin on her face. "Just because your cute and nice doesn't mean your in a higher league, I'm still a rich princess." Amity responded quickly.

"Wait, you think I'm cute." Luz asked. Amity's quickly turned red as she tried to come up with something to say. "Well... I... You... I guess you are kinda cute, but that doesn't mean your better than me." "You still said I was cute." "Ugh, you are infuriating!" Amity yelled out.

By this time they had reached the door and exited the castle. Amity was going to continue her tirade but suddenly stopped. "Wow." She muttered under her breath, spinning around to look at the night sky. "Uh... why'd you stop talking, I don't think I've ever seen you be not angry for this long before." Luz asked, snapping Amity our of her stupor.

"Sorry, it's just this is the first time I've been outside the castle without being trailed by multiple guards." Amity said, still bewildered by the night sky. "But you said that your last bodyguard let you leave." Luz pointed out. "Oh yeah, I just lied to make you feel bad." Amity said, not taking her eyes off the stars. "Really! Well it didn't work." Luz said, slightly angry. "Dang." Amity muttered under her breath.

After a few seconds of watching the princess spin around while looking at the night sky Luz started laughing. "What are you laughing at?" Amity asked, regaining her proper and angry tone. "Sorry, it's just, I've never seen someone this excited about the night sky." Luz said between laughs. "Its... it's not funny!" Amity yelled, blushing. Amity stared at Luz for a few seconds and her face turned read before she exhaled quickly. "Whew, almost passed out. And stop laughing!" Amity yelled, panting. After a few seconds of saying nothing Amity started laughing too. And in the end they were both laughing in the night together.