(36) Love vs. Lust

Love vs. Lust

Chapter 36

“Do you still have your fake ID?” Cole asked, smiling at me.

“Yea, why?” I questioned. I had found it yesterday while I was going through my things.

“I figured we should go back to the club, that’s where it all started after all,” he replied.

“Ok, I should change my clothes then, do you mind waiting a few minutes?” I asked, looking down at myself. I looked like a slob.

“No, go ahead,” he replied as he grabbed a hold of the TV remote and switched it on.

I was really nervous but kind of excited at the same time as I made my way to my room. Maybe I was finally going to remember. I changed into some descent clothes and then quickly combed my hair and added some make up.  I placed my fake ID in my purse and then made my way back to the living room.

Cole was sitting there on the couch watching TV. At first nothing happened but then a vision crossed my mind. I stopped in my tracks and just stared at him. The vision came again but much stronger this time. I could feel my heart starting to speed up in my chest as I realized what had just happened.

“I think I just remembered something,” I said, still feeling a bit disorientated. Cole jumped up and looked at me with a concerned look on his face.

“Are you ok?” he asked, walking closer to me.

“Yeah, it was strange though,” I answered. He quickly closed the distance between us and took a hold of my hand. He led me over to the couch and pulled me down beside him.

“What did you remember?” he asked?

“I don’t know, it wasn’t like a long memory of something specific. It was just a flash of you sitting on the couch like you just did,” I replied.

“It might not be a long memory but it is a good sign,” Cole said excitedly.

“Why?” I asked. My mind was still going crazy trying to put things together.

“Because it means that my idea might really work. The memory came to you when you saw me sitting here just like I had done before,” he answered.

“You’re right, come on lets go,” I said getting up from the couch. I was in a hurry to remember so the sooner we got to the club the better.

We drove to the club in silence. It took about a half an hour for us to get there but I didn’t recognize anything along the road. The place wasn’t too busy so we found a parking near the entrance and started making our way inside. The guy at the door didn’t even bother checking my ID which was a relief. I was a bit nervous that he would see it wasn’t real. I mean, I know it must have worked before but since I couldn’t remember it, it didn’t really count now did it?

Once we were inside Cole led me over to the bar. He bought each of us a drink and then led me over to a table. The place was almost empty except for a few guys sitting at the bar and a group of girls dancing on the dance floor.

“Does any of it look familiar?” Cole asked, placing his drink on the table without even bothering to take a sip.

“No, not really. The parking lot looked familiar, but that was because of the dream I had, I didn’t remember anything now,” I answered.

We sat there for a while, just talking. I finished my drink and asked Cole if he could get me another one. He hadn’t touched his so he pushed it over to me.

“Don’t you want it?” I asked curiously.

“No, I have to drive you home,” he answered. I didn’t argue, instead I lifted the glass and took a big sip. I didn’t really like the taste but apparently I got drunk the night that I was here so I figured that it might.

The music changed after a few minutes and the guys at the bar joined the girls on the dance floor. At first nothing happened but then as I watched them little flashes started crossing my mind. I could see Reagan and Shelby dancing with a bunch of guys on the dance floor. It looked like they were having a blast but I could tell that they were completely wasted.

“What’s wrong?” Cole asked, sounding concerned.

“Ssshhh,” I whispered, not looking at him. I was scared that if I took my eyes off of them I would stop remembering. I just sat there staring at them as more and more memories of that night flooded my mind.

I could remember telling Reagan that I was in love with Cole and the fact that I had drunk way too much. I remembered feeling awful and then blacking out for a while. I remembered the owner of the club throwing me out because they wanted to close for the night.

I got up from where I was sitting and made my way out of the club. Following the memory. I walked into the parking lot just like I had that night and fell down to the floor, resting my back against the wall. All the emotions that I felt that night came back to me too and soon I started sobbing. I was so confused and scared that night and now combined with the fact that I was actually remembering it was all just too much for me.

“Come on, I think you’ve had enough,” I heard Cole’s voice saying from beside me. I had almost forgotten that he was there with me. For a second it felt like I was reliving that horrible night.

“I think so too,” I stuttered through the tears. He held out his hand for me and I took it, letting him pull me to my feet. I was about to start walking towards his car when he scooped me up into his arms.

“I carried you to the car, you were way too drunk to walk,” he said, looking into my eyes.

“I remember,” I replied, smiling up at him.