(1) Love vs. Lust

Love vs. Lust

Chapter 1

"I hate you" I screamed at the top of my lungs as I ran upstairs and shut my bedroom door behind me. Why does he insist on being such an idiot all the time?

I took a deep breath before turning around and locking the door behind me, I've had enough of my brother and his best friend Cole for a lifetime. We were watching movies downstairs in the living room and of course they insisted that we have to watch the new Saw movie knowing that it was going to creep me out.

I am a complete girly girl, my favorite color is pink and I hate scary movies! The night was going extremely well considering who I was spending it with until Cole decided that he had to sneak up on me and scared the living daylights out of me.

Reagan was supposed to be here but since Cole just dumped her she canceled on me and left me alone with the two idiots. We planned this movie night a few days ago when Cole and Reagan were still dating and now I'm stuck at home on a Friday night, great!

I haven't made any plans for the weekend but there was no way I was staying at home tomorrow. Cole was staying over like he did most of the time and I don't feel like dealing with any more of his stupid pranks or rude comments.

I wanted to have a girl's day tomorrow but Reagan and Shelby went to Manhattans which meant they were going to be hung over tomorrowt and they are the only two people I would consider spending an entire day with. They asked me if I wanted to go with them but I said no for two reasons. 1) I don't like partying and drinking and 2) The fake ID they got for me a few weeks ago didn't even look like me. The bouncers would definitely be able to see I'm not eighteen. I'm small and no matter how I dress or how much make up I put on I don't look a day older then sixteen.

I decided that I might as well get into bed and make the most of what was left of my night. I wasn't tired yet so I started reading this really cool book that I bought the other day. The time flew buy quickly and after reading about two chapters I decided that it was time to turn in for the night.

I fell asleep quickly and had a dreamless sleep. I woke up to the sound of screaming and jumped out of bed wondering what was going on. I felt disorientated and still half asleep as I threw open my bedroom door and ran right into Cole's naked chest.

"What's going on?" I questioned as I felt myself blush from standing so close to his half naked body  

"You're brother is threatening to kill me" He replied with a cocky smile on his face. I considered asking him what he did but knew he was just going to give me some sarcastic comeback so instead I pushed pass him and headed downstairs to see what was going on.

I found Conner in the kitchen with an expression of pure anger on his face. If I didn't know better I'd swear he was going to kill Cole if he got his hands on him.  

"What did he do this time?" I questioned expecting the worse.  

"He broke it" Conner answered pointing to the floor on the opposite side of the table that was situated in the middle of the kitchen.

I walked around the table and looked to where he was pointing at. On the floor laid a broken bottle surrounded by liquid. At first I didn't get what the big deal was but then I bent down and felt anger filling my body as I realized why Conner was so angry.

It was my mom's special bottle of Champagne, my dad bought it when they found out she was pregnant with Conner but since she was pregnant they decided that they would drink it on his first birthday which never happened since I came along so quickly. They postponed drinking it to Conner's second birthday but then the unthinkable happened and my mom's had that bottle of Champagne ever since.

"How did he get a hold of it?" I asked shocked.  

"Mom must have taken it out before she left and forgot to put it away" Conner replied shaking his head.  

"But why would she do that?"  

"I don't know but I know this is going to break her heart". Conner answered as he bent down and started picking up the pieces.

I felt furious at Cole for breaking it and I know people might think that it's stupid but it was one of the few things my mom had left of my dad and I know how much it meant to her. I turned my back on Conner and ran upstairs as fast as I could go.

"Get out here! Right now!" I yelled as I banged my fist on the spare bedrooms door.