(38) Love vs. Lust

Love vs. Lust

Chapter 38

I spent the day just going through my stuff and looking at photos, urging myself to remember. I didn’t bother eating lunch but when it started turning dark outside my stomach was rumbling and I decided that it was time to get something to eat. I didn’t feel like going anywhere so I just ordered pizza and waited for them to deliver it. I ate by myself and then went to bed. I laid awake for a long time so I switched on the cd’s that Gordon made for me and listened to them until I finally drifted to sleep.

I didn’t dream that night and I was actually thankful for it. I was really tired and needed a good night’s sleep. When I woke up the next morning I was sticky from sweat. It was ridiculously warm and it felt like I was going to dehydrate.

I got out of bed and headed over to my bathroom to take a shower. It helped a bit but I was still warm and uncomfortable. That is when I remembered that Cole had a swimming pool at his house so without thinking about it I grabbed my phone and dialed his number. He answered immediately and sounded really happy to hear from me. I asked him if it was ok if I came over to take a swim and he agreed, saying that he would come pick me up in a few minutes. I didn’t argue, instead I thanked him and hung up.

I quickly put on a bikini that I found in my cupboard and pulled a pair of shorts and a tank top on over it. I don’t remember ever buying the bikini and it was really small but it’s the only one I had so it will have to do. I didn’t bother putting on makeup or doing my hair, I was going to swim after all.

Cole arrived about twenty minutes later. I heard his car pull up in the driveway so I grabbed a towel and my bag and ran outside. He was busy getting out of his car as I came running out of the door. He greeted me with a smile and I smiled back, thankful that I had somebody who cared about me and was helping me.

“Hey,” he said, opening my door for me.

“Hi, “I replied, feeling happy which was quite strange. I haven’t felt happy since I woke up in the hospital. I could tell that Cole noticed my good mood because he was smiling a lot more than usual.

“Did you bring sun tan lotion this time?” he asked, jokingly. His words confused me. What did he mean by this time?

“No, I didn’t. Can we maybe stop at a shop to get some?” I asked worriedly, I really didn’t want to burn.

“It’s ok, I’ve got some at home,” Cole replied grinning at me.

“Ok, I’m confused. What did you mean by this time and why do you look so happy?” I asked, shaking my head.

“You came swimming at my house before and you didn’t have any sun tan lotion so I borrowed some of mine to you, I helped you apply it too,” he replied, still grinning.

“Oh,” I mumbled, blushing.

“Maybe you’ll have another memory,” Cole said as we pulled into his driveway.

“Maybe,” I replied.

We headed inside his house and he got us some sodas before we went outside into his back yard. The swimming pool was big and the water looked cool and refreshing. I smiled at the thought of diving in.