(19) Love vs. Lust

Love vs. Lust

Chapter 19

I felt nervous as I made my way down the stairs and to the front door. I didn't feel like facing Cole and I was really confused about my feelings toward him and Gordon. The whole situation was a complete mess and I had no idea what to do. I could hear Conner following me but I didn't look back, I didn't need his crap right now.

I threw open the door and walked over to Gordon's car without looking in Cole's direction. As I approached his car Gordon jumped out and ran around, opening the door for me. I was about to get into the passenger seat when I felt a strong hand gripping my arm and pulling me back.

"You're not going anywhere with him" Cole said as I spun around and glared at him. Conner was standing next to him looking furious.

"Why the hell not?" I spat angrily.

"Because he is a complete nut job, that's why" Cole answered.

"Oh that's just great! Especially coming from you!" I half yelled as I struggled to get my arm out of his hold.

"Stop it Gabby! His right, that guy is no good" Conner said looking over at Gordon who was just standing there looking at us. He had a strange expression on his face, I thought he would be angry because of what my brother and Cole was saying about him, but instead he looked sad.

I didn't know what to say. I had no idea what they were talking about or why they were saying that Gordon is a nut job, but I did know that I was furious at both of them. Who were they to tell me what I can and can't do and who was good for me. It's not like Cole was good for me, now is it?

"Let go of me" I said as calmly as I could as I closed my eyes and tried to control my breathing.

"Please don't do this" Cole said as he let go of my arm. I opened my eyes and looked directly at him. He looked sad and hurt but it didn't matter. I had to forget about him.

"Leave me alone Cole, don't talk to me, don't look at me and don't ever come over here again" I said in a crackling voice before turning my back on him and getting into the car with Gordon.

He started it and took off without saying a word.

"I'm really sorry about that" I said hoping he wouldn't be angry at me for my brother and Cole's behavior. There was no excuse for what they just did. Even if he was crazy which I highly doubted.