(12) Love vs. Lust

Love vs. Lust

Chapter 12

The rest of the week passed by quickly and without any sign of Cole. I saw him at school but he kept his distance and after school he would drop my brother off and leave. It was really frustrating me but I had no idea what to do. I knew we couldn't go on ignoring each other forever but I had no idea what to do about it. One side of me wanted to crawl under my bed and stay there forever, where it is safe and Cole wouldn't be able to break my heart and the other side of me wanted nothing more than to be in his arms. Until I decided what to do it was best if we stayed away from each other. 

My mom got home Wednesday afternoon and after telling us about her trip we went grocery shopping. We couldn't buy any luxuries but I think we at least managed to buy enough food to last us the month. She didn't notice that her champagne bottle was missing and if she did she didn't say anything. Conner and I decided that it was better to stay quiet about it until she asked. 

Reagan and Shelby could tell that there was something wrong with me but I refused to tell them what it was. How could I tell Reagan that Cole might be in love with me if he just dumped her two weeks ago. According to her she was still in love with him and hated him for breaking her heart. How was I supposed to tell her that I too was in love with him? It would tear our friendship apart and I wasn't willing to risk that if nothing was going to happen between Cole and me anyway. 

Friday afternoon after school Reagan and Shelby convinced me to go clubbing with them. I didn't really want to but after some begging and pleading I finally agreed. I didn't have any money to pay for entrance or drinks but they assured me that this was not a problem and that they would pay for me if I would just go with them this one time. Shelby had organized us all fake Id's and it was time I tested mine out. I told my mom that I was going to spend the weekend at Shelby's house and she agreed happily. I have spent many night's at my friends house so this wasn't strange to her at all. 

Conner went to some party with Ray, I was wondering if Cole would be going to but I was too afraid to ask. Conner had no idea that I was going clubbing and it was better that way, if he didn't know about it he couldn't split on me or try to convince me otherwise. I packed my bag making sure to put in some nice clothes and make up in. 

We made a quick stop and Reagan's house to collect her things and then we headed to Shelby's house where we would be staying. Her parents were at home but didn't really care what we did or where we went so it was all good. When we got to her house it was already after six so we all started getting dressed and putting our makeup on. I put on black skinny jeans with a lacy pink top and pink heels, I had no idea what to wear to a club but both Reagan and Shelby assured me that I looked fine. Their clothes were much more revealing them mine and although they looked hot I would never consider walking out of the door like that myself. 

We went to some club about a half an hour away from Shelby's house. There was a big parking lot that was packed with cars and a long queue at the door. My nerves got worse and worse as we came closer to the entrance. What if they noticed we were under age and called the cops, my mom would freak out! When we reach the door we were asked for our Id's and I showed mine smiling sweetly and leaving the talking to Reagan and Shelby. 

A few minutes later we were making our way through the club and to the bar. Shelby ordered each of us a shot of tequila and then some sort of drink which consisted of alcohol mixed with soda. I had no idea what it was but they seemed excited about it. We found a little empty table near the dance floor and sat down at it. Shelby and Reagan was chatting happily and sipping at their drinks like it was the best thing that they have ever tasted so I decided to give it a try.