(51) Love vs. Lust

Hi guys!

This is the final chapter of Love vs. Lust so I hope you all enjoy it and be sure to read the authors note at the end because I’ve got a surprise for all of you!

************************************************************************

Love vs. Lust

Chapter 51

Conner let us have it for being late but about half way to the airport he stopped complaining and started asking me questions about Gordon. I didn’t really feel like discussing everything that was said between the two of us with him since it was private so I just gave him the short version. I told him that Gordon was ok and was going to be going to a rehabilitation centre where he was going to get the help he needed. I also mentioned the fact that me and Cole were still together and that I love him. Cole’s whole face lit up as I said this and I could tell that Conner was really happy too from the cocky grin on his face.

We reached the airport just in time and Conner literally had to run to make his flight. I felt a bit bad for him but then I thought about all the times he tortured me when we were still living together and figured that it was a bit of payback.

“What now?” Cole asked, turning to me once we were sure that Conner had made his flight.

“Now you take me home,” I replied, smiling at him seductively.

“Oh yeah?” he chuckled, taking my hand in his and leading me back to his car.

We didn’t speak much on our way back to my house but it wasn’t an awkward silence. Cole had a grin on his face the whole time while he drove and I couldn’t help but feel happier then I have in a really long time. I made the right decision.

When we reached my house we headed inside and went straight to my room. I took a look around and that’s when I decided that I needed a change of scenery.

“Where are your parents at the moment?” I asked, turning to look at Cole who was sitting on my bed.

“I don’t know, away on business somewhere,” he answered, looking confused as to why I was asking. We never really talk about his parents since they aren’t really involved in his life.

“Do you think they’ll be coming home any time soon?” I asked, walking over to him and sitting down on his lap, straddling him.

“Probably not and if they do arrive it’ll only be for a day or two before they leave again,” Cole answered, not really concentrating on what he was saying as he was looking me over.

“Good,” I smiled, before pressing myself tightly against him and kissing him deeply.

“Why is it good?” he breathed when I finally pulled away.

“Because I was thinking that I could come stay with you for a while, it might be fun,” I replied and watched as his lips turned up into a smile.

“You want to come live with me at my house?” he asked, both surprised and excited at the same time.

“Yeah, it can be a new start for us,” I replied and before I could say anything else Cole’s lips crashed onto mine. He kissed me until I was breathless and then when I finally pulled away he jumped up and started packing my stuff.

We finished packing my stuff quickly since I didn’t really want to take much with except for my clothes and toiletries and then we headed to his house. It looked just as big as the first time I was here but this time it didn’t intimidate me, it was just a house after all and in a way I was living here now.

“Do you want your own room or are you staying with me?” Cole asked looking hopeful. I could tell that he was being serious and my tummy fluttered at how cute and considerate he was being.

“That’s a really silly question,” I giggled as I started making my way up the stairs. Cole followed silently behind me until we reached his room and I pushed open the door.

“I can’t believe this is really happening,” he stated as we went inside and put down my bags.

“What do you mean?” I asked as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

“You coming to live with me, you loving me,” he answered, looking down into my eyes.

“I love you,” I whispered, suddenly short of breath.

“I love you too,” he breathed and then kissed me like I’ve never been kissed before.

When we finally pulled away we were both breathing heavily and I was feeling slightly overwhelmed.

“Are you ok?” Cole asked, concern clear in his voice.

“No, I’m not ok, I’m perfect,” I replied, cupping his face in my hand and gently stroking it with my finger. Cole’s lips turned up into a smile as I did this but the expression on his face quickly changed as he took my hand in his and looked at it worriedly.

“You’re not wearing your ring,” he stated, reminding me that I never put it back on.

“I’m sorry, I took it off in the hospital room and forgot to put it back on, I promise I was planning too,” I said, taking it out of my jeans pocket, feeling really guilty. It was the truth, I was honesty planning on putting it back on, I just got so caught up in everything that I forgot. I could only hope that Cole believed me.

“It’s ok,” Cole said, taking the ring out of my hand and looking at it for a second before turning his gaze back to me. He looked really nervous, causing butterflies to erupt in my tummy.

“What’s…?” I started asking but he cut me off by placing his finger over my lips.

He looked deep into my eyes and then a nervous smile crossed his face as he bent down onto one knee in front of me. My heart literally skipped a beat as I realized what he was doing.

“Gabby, will you marry me?” he asked, looking up at me.

“Yes,” I whispered, as tears of happiness escaped my eyes and started rolling down my cheeks. He looked a bit surprised at first, like he almost couldn’t believe that I said yes but then his eyes lit up and I could honestly see how much he loves me and how much my answer meant to him.

He was holding my left hand in his and the ring in his other hand so he slowly slipped it onto my ring finger and then just looked at my hand for a second before standing up and wrapping his arms around me. I slipped my arms around his neck and pressed my lips tightly against his, knowing that I was exactly where I belonged.

The End

************************************************************************

Ok, so I know that some of you liked Gordon more than Cole and are probably really upset about how this story ended. I absolutely love Gordon too but Cole just seemed to be the right choice for Gabby so I decided to give Gordon his own story. It will be a companion novel to Love vs. Lust and Gordon will be the main character. It will take off right where Love vs. Lust ended and are going to be filled with drama, tears and of course romance so be sure to keep an eye open for it. The name of the story will be Life or Death (Gordon’s story) and I’ll probably be uploading the first chapter tomorrow or Monday.

*Seager99*