(7) Love vs. Lust

Love vs. Lust

Chapter 7

Cole's actions confused the crap out of me. Usually he is cocky and sarcastic but he was actually nice to me, which really didn't make any sense. I thought he would throw the kiss in my face and tease me about it but instead he apologized and it sounded like he was really sorry. Now don't get me wrong, I'm happy that he apologized but when he did he had this strange expression on his face, it almost looked like disgust. Am I really that repulsive to him?

Cole didn't come back which was really weird because he never goes home on weekends. Conner woke up a few hours later but didn't feel like talking to him so I just went to my room and locking the door. I tried blocking all thoughts from my mind but still the kiss haunted me, only now it was accompanied with the look of disgust on Cole's face when he apologized to me.

I dozed off and dreamt about kissing Cole. I woke up about half an hour later feeling even more confused. Why was I obsessing over him? I hate him, don't I?

I went down stair feeling hungry but couldn't find anything to eat so I made cereal for me and Conner and we sat around the table eating.

"Where is Cole?" I asked not able to contain myself any longer.  

"At home, he said that he wasn't feeling too well, probably has a hangover" Conner answered eyeing me suspiciously.  

"Why the long face? I thought you would be happy that his not here" Conner said and I could see the corner of his mouth threatening to turn into a grin. If he thought that he was going to make fun of me and get away with it he had another thing coming. I will kill him, I'm still furious at him for telling Cole to kiss me in the first place.  

"I am happy that his not here, if I never see him again it would be too soon!" I yelled getting up from my chair and glaring at him  

"Doesn't look that way to me" Conner replied still trying to hide his smile. This just made me angrier. I grabbed my bowl that was still half full with cereal and threw it at him. He ducked out of the way just in time and it crashed into the cupboard behind him. Milk and cereal scattered in every direction and the bowl hit the floor breaking into a million pieces.  

"You can clean that" I said and stomped off to my room.

I laid down on my bed and stared off into space. I felt bad for throwing my brother with the bowl but he did deserve it. Why did I have to have such an idiot for a brother and why couldn't I get his best friend out of my mind?

I laid like that on my bed until the doorbell rang. I looked at my cell phone for the time and saw that it was after eight pm. Who could possibly be at the door?

I quickly made my way downstairs and came to a sudden stop when I saw Cole standing in the living room with three boxes of pizza in his hands and a shopping bag next to him on the floor. I watched him as he placed the pizza on the coffee table and headed for the kitchen where I heard him and my brother talking. The pizza smelled delicious and I was really hungry but there was no way I was going to stay down here with the two of them. I turned around in my tracks and was about to run upstairs before they saw me when I heard his voice.

"Why don't you join us Gabby?" He asked and I couldn't get myself to say no.  

"Thanks" I whispered and followed him over to where the pizza was. I sat down opposite my brother and almost went into shock when Cole sat down beside me. I tried convincing myself that I only agreed to join them because I was hungry but I knew that I was lying to myself.