31

Experimenting on kids was not ideal and Terry didn't see it as ethical ether. Torn between helping people and his morals he didn't see a right choice. Sam and Charlie had both already volunteered to be part of the experiments but both me and Terry said no.
Heading back to our house we sneak through the zombies once again Asfalís' men lead the way with Terry beside them taking out Z's as we walk behind them. Terry takes on 5 at once quickly taking down 3 while the another one manages to tackle him to the ground. The other climbs on him crawling up his body. Closing my eyes I cover my mouth so I don't scream, when I open them again he is back on his feet and beside me kissing my cheek.
We arrive back at our house and settle in the kitchen, Kane and Abi are upstairs sleeping. After the events of the last day we are all exhausted. "I have another reason to do this" Terry says looking at me sadly. Lifting the bottom of his shirt I see it, a bite. I stare at him in shock. "You're bit" I say quietly. He nods sadly. "You can't be" Sam says tears running down his cheeks. Charlie is crying too, we are all crying. "You're going to die?" I ask him. "Most likely" he says giving me a small smile. "You can't leave me" I say louder. I don't hear his reply, all I hear is "he's going to die" "he's leaving you alone" over and over in my head my own voice screaming at me that it's my fault, if I hadn't of been hiding back I could've helped him, I could've protected him. Now he's going to die and it's my fault. "Lilly stop!" I freeze staring at Terry. "This is not your fault, it is my own. I tried to take on to many at once, I should've listened and stayed back with Asfalís' men" he said grabing my shoulders. "Lilly look at me, do not blame yourself for this" I grab his face kissing him as hard as I can. "I wish I didn't have to leave you like this, I'm sorry I have been so distant lately. It's not an excuse but I've had alot on my mind" Terry says as I cry onto his shoulder. "I want to help" Sam says speaking up, "use me to save you, I can't stand by and watch someone else die of something I'm immune too" I look a Sam I could loose both of them. Tears fall down my face. "I won't do this without your permission Lilly" Terry says looking me in the eyes. I nod "how long do you think you have?" I ask Terry. "Hopefully 24hrs" he says looking at his bite.
Terry starts by drawing some of Sam's blood, watching him work I have no idea what he's doing, testing Sams blood under a microscope with different things to see what he can find. I watch silently as I have no idea how to help. Hours go by and Terry looks more sick checking his bite it looks infected angry red veins run from the wound into the rest of his body. Injecting himself with a shot of antibiotics doesn't seem to change anything. "I can't find anything in his blood, I need more time but I don't have it" Terry groans. Pulling another lot of blood from Sam he tries something else, "we have the same blood type" he says to Sam. Grabing the syringe he injects a shot of Sams blood directing into the vein above his bite. Almost instantly the veins start to go down the wound looks less infected and Terry looks healthier. "Did you just cure yourself ?" I ask unsure of what happened. "I dont know, I've reduced the infection but it doesn't look completely healed" Terry says poking around the bite. "We all need sleep" Terry says watching me. We head to bed Terry was uneasy to sleep with me but I convinced him to. "It could be our last night" I say with tears. He nods climbing into bed with me. Holding each other close we both fall asleep pretty fast.