5

Today we make a run, the boys had finished the fence early this morning before I woke. It has been awhile since I've gone on a run, or at least it felt like it. Me, Caleb, and Kane are going. Leaving Sam and James with Abi. I don't like leaving Sam but I know he will be ok. James has requested a sword as his weapon just like Sam's. Sam has a Katana, which we found while on our first run to town. It was a display one in a house. We bought it home and Caleb sharpened it and reinforced it so I would work as a weapon. I have a sickle which Caleb sharpened for me too. Mine I just found on the farm. Caleb has an axe and a pistol. He tries not to use the gun as it attracts to much attention. Kane had a fire poker which they had used to escape the city. We stopped at the gun shop in town to get some more ammo for Caleb's gun. There I saw a line of different knives. I grabbed two large hunting knives, one for me and one for Abi. As well as another katana for Sam and one for James. The shop was still owned and run by Caleb's brother who didn't want to live at the farm with us. We traded him food for the stuff we grabbed. "Got a new apocalypse range coming in soon, weapons specially made for killing the dead, made them myself. Got one you might like" he said pointing to Kane. He pulled a bat from behind the counter, with seven large spikes coming out of it. Kane's face lit up. "This is amazing" he whispered as he stroked the bat. "How much?" Caleb asked his brother. "Three live chickens, bring them by next week, Kid can have the bat now though". I laughed at Kane he looked like a little kid with a brand new toy, doing little practice swings, he was excited to go kill some Z's.

We continued our run and stopped outside a small clothing shop. Only looked like there were one or two zombies inside. Kane went in first, slamming the spike into the first zombies head. I used my new knife for the second, stabbing it through the temple. Then we went to work finding what we needed. Abi was mostly a size 4 whereas I was more of a 14. I found a few leather jackets, some thick jeans, two pairs of good boots, some basic shirts, and of course a three bras each and lots of undies. I shoved them all in a backpack and threw it into the ute. Next I started on clothes for the kids. It would be getting cold soon so I loaded up on thermals and socks. Putting them in another bag, then I found a shirt that said "#1 Zombie Killer" I laughed and grabbed one each for all the boys. Then I headed outside to the ute. Looking around I saw a few stragglers but nothing to worry about. Across the road from the shop was a pharmacy. It had to have a least seven Zs inside. "Hey Caleb, help over here" I said pointing at the pharmacy. He nodded and grabbed his axe. It didn't take us long to take out the Zs. At least ten lay dead around us. Looking inside the pharmacy most of it had been cleared. I grabbed what I thought might help. Mostly antibiotics and painkillers. "Let's get going" Caleb yelled from outside. I took one last look around and spotted what I'd need, Diva cups. "Perfect" i whispered to myself and grabbed four. Two each would be enough. They last awhile. I had left mine back at the apartment, and had had to use old scraps of fabric last time. I ran out to the car with. My finds in another bag. "Lets go" I said jumping into the ute. We made a few more stops on the way back to the farm mostly at hardware shops looking for anything that would help keep the garden going through winter. Mostly I stayed by the car. Kane found a pop up greenhouse which was exactly what we needed. With the back of the ute full we headed back to the farm.