8

I woke up to Sam jumping on me "Poppas back" he yelled. "Shh'' I sighed, rubbing my head. We all put coats and boots on to help unload Lincoln's stuff. "SNOW!" Sam yelled as we walked outside. A thick layer was covering everything. The two boys decided to play in the snow instead of helping unpack the Ute. It seemed Lincoln had decided to bring almost every weapon he'd had at his shop. Most would sit in the basement but some would be left out for when we needed them. Lincoln's favorite weapon was his crossbow. He'd always used it for hunting before the zombies even happened. "Sorry Lilly, got held up by this guy" Caleb said pointing to a new guy. "Hey I'm Terry'' he said smiling at me, I gave him a little wave "I'm Lilly, that's my son Sam" I said pointing to Sam just as he sliced the head off his snowman. "Im Abi, this is Kane, my ... um boyfriend, and that's James, his little brother" they shook hands, smiling. I'd expected to make room for one new person, not two. Lincoln and Caleb had decided to bunk together giving Terry the last spare room. While unloading everything I went over the rules with Terry, "as long as you help, you're welcome here until you want to leave, we eat twice a day" Terry didn't have much with him, just a backpack, a revolver, and a machete. He was excited to have a shower and get cleaned. When I told him we still had hot water he basically ran to the bathroom. I laughed at him as he tripped over his pants while pulling them off. "I'll find you some clean clothes'' I said leaving him in the bathroom. I grabbed a few items of clothing from Caleb's room, hopefully they fit alright. I knocked on the bathroom door. "Come in" he said. I walked in and put the clothes on the bench top. As I turned to leave, Terry stepped out of the shower fully naked. "Holy shit, sorry" I said turning around looking at the wall. "I don't mind, next time you should shower with me" he replied. I stumbled around looking for the door, then left. I sat on the ground outside, suddenly feeling so guilty. Before I could stop them the tears were falling fast. I was a terrible person Finn had only died two and a bit months ago, and here I was thinking about showering with Terry. I hugged my knees and cried, then I felt arms around me "I'm so sorry" Terry said. I leaned into his hug, he tightened his grip on me while I cried. "Lilly, what happened?" Abi asked. Sitting beside me "I'm fine" I said as I stopped crying. "Just emotional" I laughed, wiping my face with my sleeve. Abi nodded knowing what I meant. "I should get dressed, '' Terry said, clearing his throat. That's when I noticed he was just wearing undies and jeans. I nodded as he went back into the bathroom. "So?" Abi asked me, wiggling her eyebrows. "Shut up" I said smiling at her. I had to make breakfast anyway. Abi laughed and we headed down stairs. Lincoln was already making breakfast, "pancakes?" He asked, my stomach grumbled as an answer. Terry came down stairs just as Lincoln finished up "wow I haven't had pancakes in forever" He said as he shoved a whole one in his mouth. I laughed at him again, as he spat it back out "careful they are hot" Lincoln said. After breakfast Caleb, Lincoln, James and Sam all went on perimeter watch. Checking the fence and killing any stragglers, as well as dealing with the bodies. Kane and Abi went upstairs for alone time, but not before Terry gave them a couple of boxes of condoms from his bag. "What?" He said as I laughed at him again. We sat down and played cards while he told me about himself, and I told him about me. He wasn't from the same town as us, he had lived almost 6 hours away. He'd walked and driven for about a month before Caleb had found him, on top of a minivan trying to take out 20 or so zombies. Terry was 24 years old and was part way through medical school when this started. He only had half a year left then he would've been a doctor. All of his family had died the day Finn died. We talked for hours about everything. We only stopped when everyone came inside. "Its getting real cold out there" Caleb said, watching me and Terry, giving me a look that said we would talk later. Around 4pm Kane and Abi came down stairs smiling, alot. I gave them a knowing look and Abi pulled me away to talk. "I think one of the condoms broke" she said looking very worried. I took her upstairs to my room and went through all the stuff I'd gathered from pharmacys. "Morning after pill" I said, giving it to her. "Be more careful in the future, please" she nodded taking the pill. She stayed in bed for the rest of the day until dinner. Everyone headed up to their beds while I cleaned up a bit and blew out all the candles. Despite not working a night shift in a while I still had trouble falling asleep at night. I checked in on the boys both fast asleep. I thought about seeing if Terry was awake, I paused outside his door, then decided to go try to sleep.

 I thought about seeing if Terry was awake, I paused outside his door, then decided to go try to sleep