21

The bullet hit him right between the eyes. Sam quickly grabbed his gun, and they both pointed at the stairs. "You shot Terry'' I yelled fake hystericals coming from me. Steve was soon down the stairs. "Whats going on?" He yelled pointing his gun at me. Both Terry and Sam had their guns on him. "I will shoot her," he said. "We will shoot you," Sam said. "Just let me leave'' Steve said trying to bargain his way out. "I assume Zack is dead too" he said and I nodded. "You killed my brother" he said, and I nodded again. "Thank fuck" he said relieved, putting his gun away. We all stood shocked. "Please let me go, I want to go find my wife and children'' he begged. "Let him go" I said. He nodded "thank you so much" Steve said grabbing his bag and running out the door. We listened as he drove off down the road. "Where are Kane and Abi and James?" I asked. We headed upstairs to find them but they were nowhere to be found. After a few hours of searching for them we gave up. We would look again once the sun had risen. I walked back into our room staring at zack. His eyes closed and he looked peaceful. You could pretend he was asleep if not for the blood pooled on and around him. I had to kill him. He would've killed me, and Sam and Terry. Did that justify what I did? Maybe he would have never hurt us, maybe they just needed help. "You did what you had too" Terry said, it's like he could read my mind. "But did I? Maybe he wouldn't have hurt us" I replied, still looking at Zacks dead body. "No, he was going to rape you, take everything we have, and most likely hurt us in the process. Maybe it's best if we don't sleep in here tonight" Terry suggested. I agreed and we moved into the basement for the night, Sam coming too. It always feels safer sleeping in the same room all together. Hopefully the others would turn up soon.

We woke less than two hours later. The sun was rising and we had people to find. Our emergency truck was still in place so they must be close. We walked the farm searching and yelling out. By lunch time we still hadn't found them. "Let's eat? We can take the car out and look for them afterwards" I suggested. Terry nodded in agreement and Sam just looked down. "We won't find them" Sam said quietly. "What are you talking about Sammie?" I asked. "Last night they jumped out the window, James told me they wouldn't be back, they are heading south, where its colder" he said tears in his eyes. "But why?" Terry asked. "They heard word on the radio that there's a safe haven, its called Asfalís" I nodded, they didn't even say bye. We all headed home feeling defeated. Eating lunch, we sat in silence. We had to follow them, we are safer together. "We should go to" I said to Terry and Sam. We had been here since the start, but maybe it was time to move on, find new safety and help to rebuild the world. "I think we should stay here, it's safe, zombie free and we have supplies" Terry said. "Sam what do you think?" I asked him. "Stay here" he said looking around. "Terrys right, we are mostly safe here" I nodded. Guess I'd been out voted. "Ok, let's stay here" I said agreeing with them. We were safe here. Excluding our invaders last night and the hoard that passed through a few months ago, we hadn't seen any danger here. After lunch me and Terry started with body disposal. Starting with Bullseye, he was pretty heavy. Moving him outside was hard but me and Terry managed. "Should we bury him?" I asked, unsure of what we should do. "Yeah, but not here" Terry said, nodding towards the ute. Next we got Zack from upstairs, he wasn't as big but was still heavy. Loading him into the ute we headed to the cemetery, where we had buried Caleb. Digging a hole was easier today. With the snow basically gone and the weather warming up, the ground wasn't frozen. Putting them in the same hole we covered them up. Putting a stone as a marker for their grave. "They don't deserve this" Sam said shaking his head. "Everyone deserves a resting place, even the bad" Terry said. Sam shook his head and went back to the ute. Me and Terry following behind.