Chapter 26: The Dark Lord

Nestarel came out of the tube full of warm water and dried herself with a towel. They had arrived at Meduseld a few hours ago. A big memorial ceremony was going to be held that night. She put on a silky silver dress that she had brought with her. It felt nice to be in her normal eleven dresses after a long time. She opened the small door of the bathroom and walked into the room that had been given to her and Legolas.

Her heart melted at the sight in front of her. Legolas was standing beside the window, gazing outside. The last golden rays of the sun had fallen on him through the window and had made him look even more glorious. His golden hair was shining in the light and his tall frame had created a long shadow on the ground. He looked handsome in his light blue tunic. But a deep frown on his face was ruining everything for Nestarel. She knew exactly why he was sad.

She slowly walked to him and hooked her arm with his, effectively directing his gaze to herself. "Don't be disappointed with yourself, my love." she whispered while kissing his jawline tenderly.

Legolas stared at the angel in front of him. The silver dress had flowed down her slim body, leaving her arms bare. Her wet hair looked even more curly. Her rosy kissable lips had adorned her flawless face and her mesmerizing blue eyes were staring at him with love.

He put his hand on her lower back and pulled her against his chest and kissed her lips softly. He tried to forget his worries in the sweet heaven created by kissing her. But his fear for losing this heaven crept back into his heart like a dark cloud and covered the sun of happiness and he pulled away.

"Legolas!" whispered Nestarel and cupped his cheek and traced her thumb lightly on his face. "Talk to me. Tell me what is bothering you.

"I'm really confused, Nesta." sighed Legolas. "On one hand I know I couldn't trust Saruman for he would only bring misery to our lives, on the other hand, I curse myself for not saving him and trying to find out the way to save your life."

"I know which way he wanted to show us in order to save me." said Nestarel and Legolas frowned.

"What do you mean?" he asked.

"The only other way to cover the darkness is to fill all around it with darkness as well." answered Nestarel. "His way of saving me, was by offering to sell my soul to darkness, was to kneel in front of Sauron. To join the darkness so I would be in sync with the darkness inside of me." She said and looked into the eyes of Legolas which were wide from realization. "Believe me Legolas, If there was any other way, don't you think, Elrond, Lady Galadriel, or Gandalf would know about it? I'm sure you knew it. That is why you didn't accept his offer."

"You don't know." snaped Legolas and looked away. "Maybe if you had not started talking I would have accepted. You knew that. That was why you started talking. To stop me. I can only imagine how much you were disappointed in me that moment."

Nestarel used her hand which was on his face and forced him to look at her. Her intense gaze passed from the barriers of his eyes and pierced his soul. "Never, even for a second think that I'm disappointed in you. You knew the answer. you were just afraid that by saying no to him, you will betray me, that you will lose a ray of hope." said Nestarel firmly, but her voice cracked at the end and tears welled up in her eyes. "If there is one person who should be embarrassed out of the two of us it's me. It's me who has put you in this pain, in this doubt. your life would have been much better if I was not for you."

Legolas cupped her face in his hands and wiped a few tears that had fallen from her eyes. "Nestarel, please." he said desperately. "I would be nothing if you were not in my life. I don't even want to imagine a world without you. It would have been so cold and dark for me. You are all I've got and I love you more than anything, Nesta, anything."