Chapter 1: Mission

A/N: Hello everyone. Welcome to my new story. Just like the other books, the conversations with underline are in Elvish. Hope you like the new book. Have fun :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nestarel was in the herb garden, tending to the herbal plants. It was a little garden close to the west wall of the halls. She liked to be there under the light of the sun which was reaching the ground through the tangled branches of the tall trees. She couldn't go out so much because of the strict security rules made by the king. The forest was very dangerous in these days. Beasts and giant spiders had filled the forest with their foul presence and their number was raising every day and it was all because of Sauron. News had come that he had rebuilt his fortress in Mordor and was declaring lordship over Middle Earth again. War had been started in Gondor and in the south.

"My Lady!" Nestarel turned and saw a guard standing there. He bowed. "My king has asked for your presence in his study." He said.

"Thank you." said Nestarel and smiled. "I will go now."

The guard smiled at her and then left. Nestarel furrowed a bit. What did the king want from her? She raised her head to the sky and closed her eyes. She let the sunlight caress her skin one more time before going back to the halls. Her golden curls were shining brightly and the soft breeze was moving them slowly, but the moment of bliss didn't last long. She sighed and went inside of the halls and headed for the King's study.

The guards at the door let her in. She saw Thranduil standing there with a glass in his hand and he had stared at the spot on the wall. He seemed to be in deep thought. "My lord!" called Nestarel softly and bowed.

Thranduil raised his head and looked at her. "Oh, Nestarel!" said Thranduil and smiled warmly. "Come! have a sit." He said and pointed to a chair near a little table.

Nestarel went and sat. "You know that the creature Gollum escaped with the pack of Orcs that attacked us last night." Said Thranduil and poured a lavender brew in a glass and placed it in front of Nestarel.

"I have heard. The number of injured was not low." Said Nestarel and took the glass in her hand gratefully.

Thranduil nodded. "We thought that we should inform Gandalf the gray as soon as possible, for Gollum has a great role in the events of this time. So a group of Elves including my son, Legolas, will set for the Valley of Imladris tomorrow morning." he said and then gazed at Nestarel. "I want you to go with them."

Nestarel's eyebrows went up. "Me?" she asked unconsciously.

"You are both reliable and efficient. You are the best healer of this realm and you are a good warrior as well. That is why I want you to go as well. Although you are free to decide whether you want to go or not." said Thranduil.

Nestarel gazed at her hands in her lap and played with the glass. A sudden will to go and see the beautiful valley once again filled her heart. She raised her head and looked at Thranduil directly. "I will do as my King wishes." She said and then stood. "If we want to leave tomorrow, I should go and prepare. So if you excuse me I'll take my leave."

"