Chapter 4: Concerns

Nestarel and Legolas had breakfast with Elrond and the other Elves of the court of Imladris. Bilbo Baggins was there and he thanked Nestarel thousand times for helping Frodo whom Nestarel found out that was not Bilbo's real son. Gandalf was not there. He was with Frodo. When they finished their breakfast Elrond called Nestarel. "How are you, Nestarel?" he asked.

"I'm fine, my lord. There is nothing to be worried for." she answered.

Elrond peered into her eyes and scanned them for a while. "The scar on your chest, how does it feel?" he asked suddenly.

Nestarel's hand went to her chest unconsciously. "It hurts sometimes, much more in the past year. I think it's because of the news we hear every day. They make me to think more about the past." she said quietly and dropped her head.

Elrond gazed at her a little more and then released her from his intense gaze and nodded his head thoughtfully. "Maybe you feel it more in the upcoming days, for the witch-king has raised again and you may feel his power, but this is only conjecture. I wish you don't feel it anymore." he said with a smile.

Nestarel smiled back but she had an odd feeling that maybe Elrond is hiding something from her.

"There is a feast going to be held tonight." said Elrond. "I wish you are well enough to join us as well."

"It will my pleasure, my Lord," she said and then looked at Legolas who was listening to their conversation. "Of course if my lord Legolas allows me." she added with a knowing smile.

Legolas rolled his eyes. "As if you listen to orders." he murmured and Nestarel and Elrond both laughed. Legolas joined them soon.

Elrond watched the two Elves. Legolas draped his arm around Nestarel's shoulders and Nestarel leaned her head on Legolas' shoulder.

He smiled at the couple. They didn't know this yet but a great love had been formed between them so long ago. Elrond gazed at Nestarel who was talking with Legolas happily.

He furrowed a bit. If what he thought was true, Nestarel's life and the love between them was in danger. Elrond shook his head. He was not certain of anything yet. He needed Lady Galadriel's consultation about it.

***

It was dusk. Nestarel had stood in her room, looking at herself in the mirror. she had worn an azure dress with silver long sleeves and silver designs on it. A silver circlet designed by flowers made of the white jewels was on her golden head.

She was thinking about what Elrond had told her that morning. Was he hiding something or was she hallucinated that there was a shadow in his eyes?

She touched the scar on her chest. It was aching a little and she felt a little bit dizzy. Maybe it was better if she didn't go to the feast. She sighed and went to the balcony. The sun had set and had made the top of the western mountains golden. In the North, a few stars had been bloomed in the clean sky. The cold autumn wind was blowing and moving the trees.

"It's cold outside." said a voice. Nestarel jumped and whipped around. Legolas had stood there with a grin on his face. He had worn his light blue and silver tunic and a delicate silver circlet was on his head. A bright diamond was shining on his forehead.

Nestarel scowled and folded her arms. Legolas raised his hands in defeat. "Sorry. You didn't hear the knocking." he said innocently.

Nestarel rolled her eyes and chuckled. Legolas walked to the balcony and stood next to her. "What had made you anxious?" he asked while looking at the valley. "I can see it in your eyes, so don't try to lie to me."