Chapter 14: Lothlorien

Legolas hugged Nestarel tightly while she was weeping. "How is your scar?" he asked her when she calmed down a bit. "The pain subsided by the fall of Balrog." she said and once again sobbed by remembering the fall.

"We have to leave here before the sunset." Said Legolas. "Aragorn, lead us to Lothlórien. We have to reach there soon."

Aragorn nodded and stood and went to the others. "Boromir, get them up." Called Aragorn. "Give them a moment, for pity's sake!" yelled Boromir in response.

"By nightfall, these hills will be swarming with Orcs. We must reach the woods of Lothlórien. Come, Boromir, Legolas, Gimli, get them up." replied Aragorn.

A few minutes later, the Company went down the road from the Gates. Legolas looked at Nestaretl who was walking beside him. she had wrapped her cloak around her. No sign of pain could be seen in her features, but she was too pale. Even if she had any pain, she refused to show it.

They kept walking and as the hands of the night reached the sky, they reached the borders of the woods of Lorien. A breeze blew from inside of the woods and Nestarel closed her eyes in bliss. It smelled of peace, happiness, and Home.

"Nesta!" called Legolas and snapped Nestarel out of her thoughts. She opened her eyes and realized she had stopped and the group had passed her. Legolas had stood feet away. "Come we should go as much as we can into the woods." he said and stretched his hand toward her to take. She smiled weakly and nodded and placed her small hand in his warm and big one and then they followed the others.

They walked as fast as they could in the shelter of the woods. Although Aragorn had felt safe as soon as he had stepped into the woods he refused to let them rest. The woods were under the protection of the Elves but still, they were so close to the borders and the orcs were too dangerous. 

They had passed the Nimrodel river and now they were walking slower searching for a good place to spend the night. Legolas glanced at Nestarel who was walking next to him and smiled a bit at the sight of a beautiful smile that had graced her rosy lips. She was watching around obviously remembering good memories. Her hand was still securely in his and he had no intention of letting it go.

"Stay close, young hobbits!" said Gimli and beckoned for hobbits to come closer to his side. "They say that a great sorceress lives in these woods. An elf-witch, of terrible power. All who look upon her, fall under her spell. And are never seen again." he said and Nestarela and Legolas both rolled their eyes. Only if he knew how wrong he is. 

"Well, here's one dwarf she won't ensnare so easily. I have the eyes of a hawk and the ears of a fox." said Gimli confidently and Legolas would have laughed at his ridiculous words. But as Gimli said the last words, arrows came into view in the hands of the elves. The leader of the guards came forth. He was tall with golden hair and blue eyes. Legolas knew him so did Nestarel and they both smiled. 

"The dwarf breathes so loud, we could have shot him in the dark." Said the elf and looked at the fellowships who had raised their hands. His eyes fell on Legolas and Nestarel. His eyes widened and smiled warmly. He walked to them. He bowed slightly. "My lord, Legolas." he welcomed. "You are so welcome.

"It's so good to see you, Haldir my friend." said Legolas and put his hand on Haldir's shoulder.

he then looked at Nestarel and his smile grew wider. "Nestarel Umariel!" he said and hugged her tight. "It was a long time that I have not seen you, my Lady."

Nestarel hugged him back and relaxed in his brotherly hug. "I have missed you too, my dear friend." said Nestarel, her voice muffed in Haldir's chest.