The date Chapter 5

Issei POV

It's been a few days since Kiba told me the truth, well part of it and I still can't believe it. I haven't been able to look any of them in the eyes for the past few days, it's so hard to act normal after this, I don't think I'll be able to look Rias especially in the eyes for a while, but I have to at some point and find out what actually happened.

Issei: "I have to find a way to get Rias to tell me the truth..."

[Draig: "Issei, why don't you take Rias out on a date and warm up to the opportunity to ask her the truth, because you moping around all day everyday about this is killing me."]

Issei: "That's not a bad idea Draig, I'll see what I can do."

Draig had given me the idea for a date but I had to find a way to ask Rias without making things weirder than they already were, not just that I need to figure out where to take her and what to do for the date. I made my way downstairs for breakfast, to my surprise the only people I had found in the dining room was Rias and Mom. It's unusual for it to be only them in the house.

Issei: "M-Morning guys."

Mom: "Ohayo Issei"

Rias: "O-Ohayo Isse-kun"

I knew it, Rias had felt uncomfortable and awkward around me the same way that I had felt around her.

Issei: "Where is everyone?"

Mom: "I think they said that they were going to go visit Family members or something in that line, I'm not a hundred percent sure."

Issei: "Ohh okay, but where's Asia then?"

Rias: "She's in the underworld with my Parents, they wanted her to visit for a while so she'll be gone for a week or so"

For some reason Rias said that with a grin on her face, It always creeps me out everytime she makes that face.

Issei: "Ohh okay, I understand now."

I had the thought of my date with Rias in the back ofyind the whole time, but I needed a good way to ask her and a good reason to.

Issei: "H-Hey Rias"

Rias: "Yes."

Issei: "Uhhmm, w-would you wanna go on a date with me today?"

Rias: "Hmm...R-Really?"

Issei: "Yeah, but you don't have to if you don't want to, I mean just forget I asked"

[Draig: "Smooth."]

Issei: "Shut up Draig..."

Rias: "No,no it's okay. I would love to go on a date with you, nothing would make me happier"

Issei: "Really?, Awesome..."

At the breakfast table...

Mom: "So Ise, where are you going to take Rias for your date?"...

Issei: "I'm not sure yet... But there's this new place in town that I want to see... Apparently Matsuhama says that it's got great food so I wanted to to see for myself and I thought that bringing Rias would be a good idea..."

Mom: "That's a great idea son."

Rias: "Yeah that would be awesome (chuckles)."

After Breakfast...

Issei: "Right then, Rias shall we go?..."

Rias: "I just want to get ready."

Issei: "Okay, I'll wait for you in the living room."

I was sitting in the living room waiting for Rias so we could go on our date when suddenly out of nowhere Akeno pitches up...

Akeno: "Hey Ise-kun, are you waiting for Rias?."

Issei: "Yeah, but she's taking longer than I expected her to."

Akeno: "Girls tend to take long when they're going on a date."

Issei: "If only this was a date for the both of us..."

Issei: "Haha, yeah I guess so."

Akeno then rubbed up against me whispering into my ear...

Akeno: "Don't misbehave too much, you still owe me."

All I felt were shivers down my spine before I heard Rias come rushing down the stairs.

Rias: "I'm ready!"

Issei: "Then let's go"

Fast forward

Issei: "So how has the date been so far, I hope I'm not too boring?"

Rias: "It's been great Ise, and you have never been boring to me at all."

Issei: "That's good to hear at least hehe."

Issei: "I need to ask her now but I don't want to ruin the date, she looks like she's having so much fun, but I have to."

Issei: "Rias."

Rias: "Yes Ise?."

Issei: "There's something I've been wanting to ask you and it's been bothering me for a while now."

Rias: "What's wrong?"

Rias: "Don't tell me... No he's not, maybe he is..
Is he going to propose??????"

Issei: "Could we take a seat."

Rias: "Sure."

We sat down at a bench in the park.

Issei: "So... I'm not pointing fingers or blaming you because I don't know the truth... But... Do you remember when Ranaer kidnapped Akeno?"

Rias: "Yes I do, Issei, what's this about?"

Issei: "Well, when I went in to save Akeno Ranaer had told me that you could have saved me the day I was killed but instead you let me die..."

Rias: "..."

Issei: "So I just wanted to know what the truth is... I'm not saying that I believe her, I just want to know... I'll believe whatever you say... I just want to know?"

Rias: "Uhmm... Issei, If I had had the ability or the chance to save you I would've done it without a second thougt, I love you and I would never let you die without being able to do something about it.

Issei: "Then I'm glad, I know the truth now and that's all that matters to me."

Rias: "Ohh Issei."

Issei: "I love you too Rias."

Issei: "So she couldn't even tell me the truth, I'll get it out of her at some point..."

Rias: "I really thought he was going to propose, this sucks... But that Question..."

Issei: "I think we should hed home, it's getting late and I'm really tired..."

Rias: "Yeah, (yawns) I'm getting kind of tired too."

Issei: "I hope you enjoyed the date, It wasn't too cringey, was it?"

Rias: "No I enjoyed every moment of it because I was with you."

Issei: "Then I'm glad."

End of Chapter