Cute little thing

Published on: December 11, 2021

*******

Ocllo didn't talk to him that night, nor did she offer her warm hugs, even choose to sleep with her back to him.

The next day he assumed she would come to him smoother his face with kisses, he would say sorry, and they would be good but no, he tried to initiate the little talk, which was clearly ignored, she made herself with house chores. Meril was assisting her, giving the evil smirks occasionally igniting the anger more. 

Others were busy as well, Wawaqi Krick out somewhere. Sinchi wawaqi sitting on the porch chewing on coca leaves, he can talk to him. But, to be honest, he's kinda afraid to talk Sinchi wawaqi.

So, he settles on the doorstep, looking at the sun, which is almost behind the mountains, you can't see it but you can feel it. The warmth subsides with a chilly wind. and the sky-changing colors making beautiful lines and shapes.

Grandma was singing some folk song along with weaving, her hands are magical she doesn't even need to look at what she is doing. It always fascinates Mew.

The colorful sky with little music to his ear, the chilly winds kissing his skin lightly. Making his sorrow fade away a little. 

The sky turns darker, the shade of the sky was heavy, the joyful hums turns into some sad folk song, reminding him of the bitterness, his gaze followed Ocllo once again, but she didn't. Not once, while the entire process of setting fire, to roasting potatoes, his face remains plastered on his knees, looking at her from far, usually, she would have called him, given him some sugar candy, teach him a few songs, they always sing in synch, talk to him.

Is she gonna ever talk to him, does he get replaced. 

He shrugs the thought, averting his attention from her to the old lady on his side, "Grandma??"

"Hmmm"

"do you miss grandpa??"

"Yes and no"

He gave a look of not understanding, to his surprise grandma chuckles like a little girl, It was not new, but not recurrent as well, maybe it is in their blood having this squeaky high pitched voice.

"He is not physically here", "Nor he respond to my persistence, nor does he fight with me to let him drink some more", "we can't go for our evening walks", "so of course I miss him" she sighed looking at the distant sky, must be remembering her good times with him. Her sagged-up skin looks much more prominent right now.

"We can go for evening walks"

Grandma smiles, "Can't see once the God Inti went for rest", "Telling me to rest as well"

He was waiting patiently for some more, but she seemed lost in her good memory way too much, making him interrupt, "And why you don't??"

"What"

"why you don't miss him"

Grandma eyed on eager kid, her hands stopped and reached out to squeeze his cheeks, "Because he never left"

He frowned "Never left", but he never saw grandpa, maybe once only, he looked strange physically (he is talking about his mummy form), they say grandpa lives in mountains and visits them on special occasions only, they offer him food, clothes, chicha (maize beer), coco.. but he never ate or drink and then he left to the mountains.

"He is watching over us, along with our elderly ancestors", "He is guiding us", "so we can move on a good path" she smiled again but this time it was tinted with sorrow. Her nostrils spread a little wider indicating took a deep breath, her hands started moving again, lips flutters chanting the old melody once again with the distant gaze over the mountains. Can she really not see once the God Inti went to rest.