Just Another Day

Published on: January 5, 2022

********

He was angry, frustrated. After all those efforts, all those sacrifices over the years. 

She left... 

He didn't know how to face it, they were not on the same terms for years now, but still, he has this place for her, prefers her over his mother, how can he be okay with this, he could have screamed, could have made a fuss.

But she was blooming with happiness, cheeks flushed red, receiving all those gifts, she never looked that kind of shy and happy at the same time wearing those sandals, he still can't understand what is so special in getting sandals.

How can he make a fuss when she was happy, he can't do that, but can't see her leave as well, so he ran, he ran and ran till he can't remember where he is heading to, everything looks the same with his blurred vision... 

Finally reached the end, didn't realize the plane grasses replaced with huge pine trees, when did he enter into the dark forest, crossed it all over, ventured into the prohibited zone, he can see why it was prohibited..

A small river which was the source of water for llamas had taken a massive form, it was huge roaring with thunder falling down somewhere piercing the silence making it echo, his body shivered with fear, as he grasped over his surrounding, how far he had come to, the forest looks dark and dense behind him.

He gulped anxiously running back into the forest, unsure where to head towards, from where he come from, the sun was up for sure he knew that, but the dense forest makes it feel like it never left its horizons.

Where the hell is he, the time ticks in slow motion like a hammer in his head, it was summer but here it felt like starting of winter, the area was windier, every blow makes the forest whisper, hushing something which he don't know about.

The panic started to pour into him, where to go, where is the way, he ran around in every direction like a lunatic for a while, gets stumbled upon, falling on moist damp soil, he laid there, is he really gets stuck here.

The tears makes their way, they always make their way, in pain, grief, sorrow, he let the sadness consume him, ignoring the grumbles of his stomach, fatigued took over, he lays there motionless, facing huge pine trees..

Thoughts traveling through Ocllo, mama, Yaya, granny, are they gonna look after him, Meril would she be happy, he might miss her nagging and teasing, tears made their way out,

As his thoughts traveled from people to self-pity to Gulf...

Gulf that kid, 

Ridiculed by others but never left his side, follows him everywhere no matter where, how much boasted he felt when that kid choose him over others, put him on top of everyone.. 

Would he ever know the impact he has over Mew's moods, How cute he looks making that scrunched face, how much he adored his giggles, the possessive he felt when younger trust him with secrets..

How many times he wished he could follow him to his home and never leave his side, ...

He cried louder, all the muffles and cries die down under the roaring river, his head was spinning feeling heavy, soon the darkness consumed him was he fell asleep or blackout not sure....

There was a faint voice calling his name from far, he rubbed on his eyes 

Did he hear right or were his ears playing tricks on him, he sniffled, shifting a little...The voice become clearer and his vision showed a running figure towards him..