Itch

Published on: January 12, 2022

*****************

Is it possible to zoom out others, eyes stuck on one... like everyone is there but not there at the same time, like that brightest star that outshines others.

Your favorite treasure you want to keep close, the warmest quilt wanna snuggle longer, the favorite fragrance wanna inhale till your lungs burst, the candy that keeps on lingering on the palate... like someone is close to you but not close enough, Mew shakes his head the inappropriate thoughts... they keep on dwelling making him lose his sanity.

He did breathing thing to calm his reeling beats, if they escalated further, the weight on his chest would be awake, asking millions of questions, which probably can't be answered.

The grip on his waist tighten, Gulf steered snuggling deeper in his neck, chewing on nothing in his sleep. 

Mew's heart skipped the multiple beats, stomach knotted with some weird motion... the lower region twitched.. his hand clasped over not squeal or make noise...He needs to go, the breathing thing is not gonna work anymore, he needs a good run..

After some struggle, he managed to run out of the grip, covering the younger with his tunic,

He ran as fast he could anywhere, but far from him.. until his legs gave up, and lungs cried for air...

The end of river was where his feet stopped, the promise has been broken for long, this place has become his secret place rather than their secret place, he screamed aloud, letting the thundering river suppress his frustration,  his throat felt sore after screaming like that, but he yelled some more until he can't, drained emotionally.. physically..curled up in a ball near the bank.

The river was mirroring his disheveled self, messy hairs, sweaty face, flushed cheeks, intense breaths... he dived his head underwater cooling it down, pulled it out soon gasping for air, coughed out the excess water, nostrils flaring for inhaling life...

He laid there looking at his image along with the blue sky, clouds moving fast going somewhere, probably returning their homes probably, indicating he should return back as well.

He chewed on his lips, the pain in his heart, and the desire he is weaving for years has taken some twisted turns. and now he don't know how to go back...

"Can I... Can I... tell you a secret?" his voice was calm, he wants to articulate just once, how it would feel when said aloud... 

"I..."

"I want", he rolled on side, why it is so difficult..

"I need...", leaving a frustrated sigh, a tear escaped his eye,  rolled on his back again facing the sky, "I am not a good brother", sniffle,  "I...", "I really am not" the tears had already made their path, he let them shed quietly...

"Am I wrong", "Am I??"

"What did you do wrong??"

He almost jumped, clenching his heart... "You scared me"

His eyes went south, and thankfully it is calmed down, "W.. What are you doing here??" he cursed, he really has become hopeless.

The younger sat beside, the traces of tears didn't get unnoticed, his brows were already knotted seeing those tear traces... "same question", "what you doing here"

Sigh..."Needed breather"

"Alone??"  Too close, Mew sucked up his breath, too close, he gulped, moving away from him.