Nuisance

Published on: December 15, 2021

********

Since the day Mew knew Ocllo could get married anytime soon, he started to pray that harvest never came so she could live with him for the whole time. His eyes would be following her, and if she went somewhere he got worried that she left him without saying a word...

He even performed his own version of the ritual with Pen.. they both gathered fallen leaves and burned the little piece of clothing as offerings in it. Hoping it will work.

*

*

*

"Wawaqi(Brother)" that same kid was on the doorstep calling his name.

"Pama(sister) Ocllo '' He voiced again.. Mew heard the callings, but didn't move an inch to receive the person on his doorstep, why should he.. Instead he made himself engaged in arranging his treasure..

Gulf waited for a while, Is nobody home... he looked around the lanes, people were already out for their work, some kids playing around the corner... he looked at his feet, what should he do..

"Is anybody home??" another male voice grunted from outside, which made Mew check upon the door.. and saw a boy similar to the age of Sinchi wawaqi with that snotty kid, that kid still has the audacity to smile at him, Mew huffed in response but greeted the elder..

"Fresh chicha, give it to your father", "tell them Kanawut's sent it" Mew nodded and spread his arms to pick the jars but the guy refused. "It's heavy", and made his way inside setting them around the corner.

That kid stepped inside holding the guy's hemline observing the room which is the same for everyone, what is he even looking at and his eyes fell on Mew's treasure, mew followed the gaze and hide it under a cloth frowning at the kid..

"Where is everybody??"

"Field", "Wawaqi Sinchi on-road duty", "grandma must be with llamas"

"Okay then" the guy came outside Mew followed the duo...

Gulf squeezed his cousin's hand and gestures to him to speak for him, when he heard Wawaqi Prot is going uphills, at Mew's house, he immediately gets ready and begged whines, don't ask too much effort, but he did all to reach here.

The elder guy cleared his throat, "ummm, Gulf was talking about a good friend of his and want to play with him", "I suppose he was talking about you", "you really seems very friendly" the guy said sarcastically smirking at him.

Mew didn't like that little satire he played in the end, but the kid didn't get the sarcasm and nodded his head agreeing with his cousin..

"I am busy"

Gulf's face dropped, "I won't disturb"

"whatever" and he left the duo after bowing to the elder,

"Have a good time" the cousin patted Gulf's cheeks, "I will take you before dusk" and with that, he left Gulf over there.

Gulf nodded his head, he had so much time to play here, he even brought his Piscoynu (spinning top) for play...

Mew sits back on his floor, settled with his treasure, Krick has told him he is gonna join him in the field tomorrow onwards helping them in labor... He is excited as well as anxious, he had seen his siblings work on field, the maze last year was fullest and still stored up for the year...

Gulf followed behind Mew, and sat beside him looking at the elder with his twinkling eyes, Qi Mew has more stones and beads and Piscoynu...

"Qiiii"