Locked

Published on: January 8, 2022

************

"Qi"

"Shhhhhh"

"But"

"Shhhhhh"

They were heading towards the jungle without Pen. Just the two of them... is it considered as breaking the promise of not entering alone, practically they are two, so it is not, is it..

"But Qi Pen"

Pen again Pen, Mew's jaw tightens, grinding his teeth, these three days were all about Pen, "Am I not enough??", 

Gulf blinked confused, "What??" 

That's not the answer Mew was looking for, he kept on moving ignoring the younger, 

Gulf ran after him, what is going on they were dancing a while ago, they joked around, and suddenly what exactly happens, he followed the faster, "Qi"

Like he gonna get a response, Mew kept on sulking moving faster, he was practically running, how can he compare him with Pen, prefer Pen over him to dance along with him, left his side to catch up with Pen.

He won't get bitter on this easily, probably let it slide as well, but for three days, it keeps on happening, yesterday they both shared potato, and the day before yesterday they were talking about something... when Mew approached they changed the topic... he knew it, he knew they were hiding something from him. 

How... 

Because it is too easy to read snotty, he got this confused when Pen starts talking about the weather out of the blue, it took him time to comprehend and follow...yet the catch is, he followed someone else, He is supposed to follow him, his cuy is supposed to follow him. And today as well he chose to dance beside Pen instead of him, and right now he is asking for Pen again...

"Qi wait" he held that marching hand stopping him from entering further into the dense forest.

"Why?? Looking for your Qi Pen", "Fine", "Go play with him", "Ask him all those stupid questions", "Don't follow me" he detached his arm from the grip, taking heavy steps into Jungle..

Wishing Gulf will follow, why he prefers Pen all of the sudden, it hurts okay, he accepts that it hurts, he slowed down his pace, hoping younger is still behind him.

Seems pen was preferred once again, it hurts his ego, he should have followed him, walk beside him talked about frogs, crickets, birds anything, his fist tighten as he suppresses those tears, he has a strong urge to look back. Is he really all alone this time, Is he...

His movements were nonchalant, thoughts running faster than his feet, maybe he is following a little slower, or maybe he'll come running jumping on his back, or maybe he is hiding to tease him, 

or,

Maybe he is tired of following him, or maybe he realized Mew's insecurities or may be...

His may be stacked up as he stands in front of the massive river all alone, no one is beside him, no one has followed him, he sat there looking at the ripples in the river, threw some pebbles to make some more..

Why, why, he lay on turf looking at the sky, It is dark as always on this side, should he head back, doesn't want to see them together.. giggling, having secrets, the secrets once Gulf used to share with him.

He changed the side, digging soil out of frustration.

What if he gets tired, or if got lost, or fell somewhere, or if some wildie catch him, the thoughts made him jump on his feet, he ran back to the jungle as fast as he could, so many ifs and maybe, but right now ifs replaced all maybe and not in a good way...