War

Since it was late at night, everyone's excitement was on the rise. Of course, we were on a field trip, and we students weren't allowed to bring alcohol, so they hadn't been drinking... but they were as excited as drunks.

Well, mainly Ning and Aeri were in high spirits. As for Ms. Goddess, I feel she is far from the cool beauty impression I had at first.

After that activity we did, that somehow led to some "inconvenience" that I don't want to remember or even want to think about.

She's been acting more oddly than usual, like what the hell is she doing?

I don't know if it's solely because of the weird tension in front of us, but we're strangely close to each other.

Inspired by Ning and Aeri sitting next to each other, cuddling, Ms. Goddess sat beside me, saying, "It's better to be two against two."

Seriously... what the fuck?

I'm sure we're strangers, and as much as I want to get out of the room and be alone.

I can't.

I don't want to ruin the room's comfortable breeze and look awkward. While at it, I don't think my anxiety can bear that.

"Isn't that great? We're roomies!" Aeri said with delight.

No.

"Yeah, sure," I released a stoic smile.

I just sighed at the thought. I wasn't warned that we would be roommates depending on who we sat with back on the bus... Hate pure hate. Could this day get any more worst?

"I just noticed!" Ning eyed Ms. Goddess and me, "When did you two get close? That's weird."

"We're not close."

Ms. Goddess and I both said in unison, and this caused the couple in front of us to raise their brows in confusion.

"But I want to get close," Jimin added.

The room suddenly went silent, and the only thing that was heard was our breaths and the chirping crickets by the nearby window. Various thoughts passed through my mind, and I wasn't following or compiling.

So I finally snapped.

"HAH?" I distanced myself away from this person and looked at her with perplexity, "What the fuck are you on about?"

Ms. Goddess casually approached me closer, and it caught me off guard that I couldn't do anything but clench onto the nearby bed's sheet. She wasn't hugging me. Of course, she also didn't try to kiss me. She only grabbed my sleeve.

She looked at me with upturned eyes. Like she was asking for my attention.

I am confused.

"I don't think we can continue being strangers since we'd constantly bump into each other... I don't mind being a fr...frie- a companion."

"Pfft-" I gagged, "You can't even say it."

"Friends... I want to be friends," her voice wasn't the usual monotone one... this sounded sincere.

I blinked in disbelief before slowly turning my head to look at the couple watching by the side to ask for help. Although, Aeri only chuckled, and Ning smiled while shaking her head.

Turning back to face Ms. Goddess, she was gazing at me with a poker face. She was probably waiting for an answer and looked as if she had decided on something.