45 • Little Help

With great determination in her eyes, Minjeong stood straight in front of a lion. Staring at a man expressionless, yet with a strong aura that seemed to linger around her.

She couldn't remember why she came into the lion's den in the first place and never wanted it. However, the thought of wanting to find out more urged her to take action and approach this person without fear.

"What brings you here, Ms. Kim?" Jimin's father gazed at the girl amusingly with a smile that seemed to fill Minjeong with temptation, "Finally here to discuss that contract?" he began to play with a pen by pressing it repeatedly.

Minjeong pursed her lips at the man's words and smiled stoically, "I'm sorry, sir. But unfortunately, no."

"Oh?" Mr. Yu placed the pen back on the desk in front of him, "What's your business here?"

The younger merely stood in silence, still gazing at the man without any expressions. This captivated Mr. Yu and smile at the girl with great interest, he was sure that he won't like whatever the latter's about to spurt out which captivated him even more.

The older rested his elbow on the desk and laid his chin on his palm, observing the girl's statue-like condition.

After a while, Minjeong finally spoke. "I'm sorry for being nosy— It's about Jimin, you've been hurting her at practice... yeah?"

The man snickered, "Did Jimin tell you about this?"

Minjeong shook her head, "No, I knew it for myself... and... you've been forcing her with Jongin, right?"

Mr. Yu was engulfed in laughter, "What are you implying with all of this, Ms. Kim?"

Gulping silently, gathering all of her courage. Minjeong approached the desk and looked at the man in the eye without flinching, she took a deep breath before speaking monotonously.

"I'm in love with your daughter."

Mr. Yu's smile only got wider, "I'm aware Ms. Kim." he revealed calmly.

"So- W-Wait, pardon?"

"Come on, you know how I'm good friends with your father." Mr. Yu nonchalantly pours himself a glass of whiskey out of nowhere, "I've been against it the moment I found out about it when the two of you were high schoolers." he took a sip. "But if you can't marry my son then you should be fine marrying Jimin, no?"

The man finished drinking his glass of whiskey in one go, then opened the cabinet under the desk and placed a piece of paper in front of Minjeong.

"It's a win-win. Sign it, I'm sure Jimin would be delighted to know that she can finally be with you."

Minjeong suddenly felt uneasy as she wasn't expecting the older's understanding point of view. She thought that this man would be like the devil, and once felt it back inside her girlfriend's room that last incident.

"What's the catch?" being wary, she asked.

"Confused?" Mr. Yu laughed again, "I get you Ms. Kim, and I have to praise you for walking all the way here to tell me that you're in love with my daughter. Though, there's no catch. That paper is the same contract you once held the last meeting we had with your father."

Minjeong furrowed her brows, "Then those bad things you've done to her-"

"My fault." Mr. Yu laid his back on the backrest in defeat, "I've been on drugs, I was dangerous... drunk. The dream I never got to achieve, I noticed how much of a prodigy she was— so I took that to my advantage and carelessly placed that weight onto Jimin.