Better Than Nothing

| Jimin's POV

The breeze is unusually cold today, I woke up very early at 5:30, earlier by an hour from when I normally set my alarm to. None of it was normal.

The reason was that I needed to go to the cemetery. I brought flowers too. At 5:30, the sky hadn't yet lightened. It was silent as I gradually closed my eyes to feel the skimming wind, unconsciously tightening my grasp on the flowers I held.

My mood wasn't that bleak, rather I was thankful... still to this very day. How long has it been again?— five years I presume.

Seriously, I wouldn't have lived if it wasn't for the heart I had now. Years ago, the hospital I was at did not have any hearts to replace mine.

And it just so happens that someone...

I instantly shuddered at the thought and opened my eyes. Shaking my head, I took a deep breath and approached a particular grave.

It looked like a lot of people already visited yesterday as there were a lot of flowers placed around it. Somehow, I felt kind of sorry.

"Sorry, I was busy at work."

Crouching down, I placed the flowers among the others and showed a faint smile. I didn't know what to do after and merely stayed like that for at least three minutes, staring at the grave without uttering a word.

I felt really sorry.

But I shrugged that thought away as I stood up and cleared my throat, finally parting my lips to speak, not even noticing the single tear that ran down my left cheek until my eyes got blurry.

I quickly wiped it away with my sleeves.

"I hope you didn't leave with that many regrets."

I laughed drily, twice, and lowered the hand I was using to wipe the tears from my eyes. My expression shifted in a flash.

"This might be a bit mean but... I wish that you didn't meet me back in high school. If you hadn't met me then— maybe all of this wouldn't have happened, you know?"

Exhaling, I breathed out a long sigh.

"Thank you for giving your heart to me... thank you for giving me another chance in life. Thanks to you, I'm happily taken and am taking care of a child.. well, a cat child." I snickered, "Kids are too early for me, but maybe in the near future."

With that, I became silent once again.

I don't know what else to say.

After a prolonged moment, I bid my farewells and turned my back to make my way back into the car I parked just outside of the cemetery.

In midst of that, a buzz suddenly came from the phone that was inside my pocket. I had an idea of who this person might be, so I quickly pulled it out and gazed at the screen— a video call?

Without delay, I answered it which revealed one of the cutest smiles I've ever seen.

"Okay, babe! Hear me out!" she cleared her throat. "A dog... I found a cute stray dog while strolling around the shores, he's so cute!"

"My gosh, Jeongie..." I couldn't help but chuckle, "Don't tell me you just called me because of that."

"Oh..." Minjeong maintained her smile whilst nervously scratching the back of her head, "I just did, didn't I?"

"Pfft, you know— you could've just sent me a text right?"

"Ah, yeah wait."

Just as when I was about to speak, she suddenly ended the call that left me in shock while I step into the car. Then as of immediately, I received a message from her.