|09|

"Always be contented with what you have for Allah will always bless you with more"

Malik Residence.
Kano, Nigeria.

"Fatima's father is rich and i'm very sure he gifted her one of his many properties before her death. You and i knows that Fatima loved you very much so i'm sure her properties must be in your name." Hajiya Nusaiba seductively said massaging Alhaji Malik's head.

"Hm, but what will i do with thatHayati? i have no business with them."

"What do you mean you have no business with them? You're her husband and islamically you have a share in her property. And of course if it happens to be in your name, then it's all yours." She grinned.

"I don't need any of... Fatima's things or anything related to her please. It's not like i'm not comfortable myself." Alhaji Malik said.

"But Fatima was way more richer than you Malik! open your eyes and see clearly! her father is a business mogul! Only God knows what he gifted that woman before she died. If you lay your hands on them nobody will say anything, Ariana and the rest are just kids! They won't understand a thing. You will be more richer and your name will be known when you add the properties and expand your business don't you think?"

"Hm!you're making sense Hayati? but i have no idea where the papers are and Baba will also be a problem here."

"No!he won't !how can he know? and i pray he forgets about the properties. After all he's super rich!, he won't mind."

"Okay Hayati, i will think about it." He thoughtfully said making a wide grin to appear on her face.

Ariana used her palms to cover her mouth to avoid gasping. She's never seen or heard of a wicked and cruel being like her stepmother!How can she stoop so low? And her father?. No she wouldn't let them succeed in what they were planning to do! No! Never!. With that she silently tiptoed out of the corridor and left to the kitchen to continue her cooking.

After she was done, she left to their side where she met Safaa and Marwa watching a cartoon. She smiled at them and left to the kitchen to also cook for them with the small their evil stepmother provided earlier.

After she was done she transferred it into a plate and they all ate together cracking jokes and whatnot. After they were done praying magrib prayer and changed into their pajamas, Hajiya Nusaiba barged into the parlor.

"From today henceforth! you're done living here! it's now mine, you will live in my side together with us!" With that she left.

***
Ariana felt cold water being splashed on her waking her up from her slumber. It was Jiddah and Basma looking at her with smirks gracing their features.

"You bitch! have you forgotten about my uniforms that i gave you to wash?." Jiddah yelled.

"Is that why you're spraying cold water at me Jiddah?" Ariana retorted.

"Yes! or doesn't she has the right to do so huh? wash those uniforms before the sunrise okay!"

"How dare you disrespect Basma? isn't she your elder?" Alhaji Malik seethed slapping Ariana hard across the cheeks.

"Abbi wallahi i didn't said anything to Ya Basma, please believe me." Ariana said tears forming through the corner of her eyes.

"Will she lie to you? now let me warn you carefully! don't you ever speak to anyone in this house without respect including little Hanif understood! and all the chores of this house including washing everyone's clothes is now your job understood!" He thundered.

"Yes Abbi..." She said and wiped her tears before exiting the parlor. Alhaji Malik stared at her retreating back with an unreconized emotion. He doesn't know why he always feels somehow whenever he does something to Ariana.

She burst into tears immediately she entered their room. Why was life treating the way it treats her? first it was her beloved mother's death and now this? Ya Allah.

"Please stop crying." She felt her siblings wiping her tears and when she looked at them she saw glimpse of tears in their eyes. So she smiled and wiped their tears before engulfing them in a hug.

***

So sorry guys! I know the chappy is too short but i promise to update soon ❤️.

16.10.21🍀.