Chapter 10

Naruto's Pov~

I rode home as the magic slowly started fading. My rider turned back into a duck and I got off the carriage before it disappeared. My footmen turned back into mice and I carried them in my heel. My dress turned into an ordinary house dress. I got on berry as we rode home.

I had the best evening of my life....
Everytime I think back to the kiss we shared makes my heart feel like it will explode!
I blush a dark shade of red, my heart feels like it will jump out any second!!
I can't believe it. He truly loves me, I think I made the right choice....by following my....heart.

How will I face him after this though.....I did NOT think about that! How will I face him, it will be so awkward....right?
I've never experienced this before I have no idea how to feel about this.

I hope I don't mess this up...

I returned home holding my shoe, I will keep it hidden away in the attic. It holds everything that is precious to me. My father's letter, my mother's shawl and other small things.
I danced around happily....

But the thing is..... I don't think I want to let go of him.

I have never really asked for something in my life....just accepted what I got. But now, now I feel like this is something I want. I want him, I want to spend my life with him....

Maybe this will never come true...but I'll keep on wanting it, forever.
Because what I feel for him is stronger than anything I've ever felt before.

When I'm with him, I can't help but feel myself healing. Healing from everything that has happened with me. Healing from my past, my pain.

He makes me feel special, unique. He loves me and I can say he means it wholeheartedly.
And that helps me heal....

If anything were to happen and he gets married to a princess, a suitable one. It will hurt me, I know it. But I just can't help but feel selfish when it came to him.
I want him, but I can't get him.
He is a prince and I'm just a...

Even if he loves me, the king will never agree to me. To us. There will be no 'Us'
That would finish everything we have.
The time will come but until then....maybe just until then, I will cherish every moment I share with him.
I will love him with my heart, I won't hold back just at the thought of being hurt.
I have been hurt before, but I know what will hurt more is the fact that I might not have made the best of what I had while it lasted.

I held my heel close to my heart, knowing that, even if it is just a heel, it connects us.
I wonder when everything were to finish between us, would he still treasure the heel? Or would it be only me stupidly holding onto it??
Will he come out to find me?
If he loves me he will, I know he will.

I'll wait till then...

I hid my heel in the compartment in the attic when loud knocks resonated from the door.

I quickly set everything in place and went downstairs to open the door.

"Hello mistresses" I said with a smile.

Mei-sama never spared me a glance as the three of them walked in.
My two sisters were giggling.

"Naruto, let us tell you everything" Sakura said happily.
"Ya, ya. You had to see the prince. Absolutely lovesi-" Sakura covered Ino's mouth.
"From the beginning Ino, from the beginning" she said taking her hand off of her mouth.
"Ya OK. So!" Ino started talking about the ball.

"The prince looked so sad and lonely for a long time, when the time for the first dance came, he came onto the floor. I was sure he'd pick either me or Sakura, cause he was staring at us. But then a royal princess in a beautiful blue gown entered the ball. She was so pretty, Prince sasuke's eyes gleamed at her arrival. Looks like they had something for each other" she stopped with a smirk, "They walked towards each other and the dance started. I was absolutely taken by the beauty of the scene you know!" she sighed and looked at nothing with soft eyes.
"And then, and then, They danced until everyone started joining on the floor, then I saw them run through the back gate. I have a feeling on where they went" they both squealed, "She must have had the best night of her life, with prince sasuke and the royal bed" they both squealed and laughed.