1. Curry bun

Ingredients for the Curry Bun:

Dough recipe adapted from here.
1 1/2 cups bread flour
1/2 cups cake flour
1 tsp instant yeast
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp neutral oil (I used vegetable)
3/4 cup water

Curry Filling:
1 small russet potato
1 small carrot
1/2 pound ground beef
1/2 box of Vermont Curry, hot
2 cups water

Bun Coating:
2 cups panko
1 egg + 1 tbsp water, beaten
Oil for frying (I used vegetable)

To Make the Curry Bun:

1. Start with the dough. Whisk the flours, sugar, salt, and yeast together. Add in the oil and water and stir together. When it starts to lump together, knead in the bowl until mostly all combined. Tip out onto a floured work surface and knead for about 10 minutes, or until dough is soft yet firm, not sticky, and pliable. Add more water or flour as needed.

2. Form dough ball, and coat the ball and the inside of a bowl with oil. Cover top with plastic, and set in a warm place for about an hour, or ninety minutes, or until dough has doubled in size.

3. While dough is rising, prepare curry filling. Peel and finely dice carrot and potato. Place into a pan over high heat with a bit of oil, and cook about two minutes. Throw in the ground beef, and cook until browned. Then, add in the water, which is deliberately less than the box calls for. Cover the pot, and let simmer about ten minutes or until veggies are tender and soft when pierced with a fork. Turn off the heat. Break up the curry roux, and drop pieces in. Stir until the curry blocks are melted, and a thick curry paste has formed. Set aside.

4. When bread is ready, punch down and split into 8 pieces. Roll each piece into a ball, and let rise again for about 40 minutes.

5. When ready, roll each dough ball out until the dough is about 1/4 inch thick. Pile curry filling into the middle, about 1.5-2 tbsp per bun, or as much as  you can reasonably fit inside. Bring excess dough over the mound of filling, and pinch edges together until the dough is completely encased.

6. Once all the buns are formed, it's time to coat them. Coat each bun by coating it in the egg wash, and then coating each bun in a thick layer of panko. Ideally, you should coat them right before frying – don't let them sit out too long after they've been coated. At this point, you could also easily flash freeze the buns and take them out to cook later by throwing them straight into your hot oil.

7. Heat oil, which should come at least halfway up the pan you are using, to 365°F. Fry a couple of buns at a time, cooking about two minutes per side, or until golden brown.

8. Drain on a paper towel, if necessary, and eat immediately!
——————————-
For lassi (drink)
INGREDIENTS

1 ½ cup yogurt
3 cups water
6 ice cubes
4 tablespoon sugar
INSTRUCTIONS

Add ice cubs and yogurt to a blender, and blend on low speed for 20 – 30 seconds till frothy.
Add water and sugar to the yogurt and ice cube mixture and blend on low speed till well-mixed.