57. Drinks

Cafe au lait

▢ 2 tablespoons coffee
▢ ⅔ cup water
▢ ⅔ cup milk

INSTRUCTIONS
Brew coffee.
Grind coffee (or use pre-ground coffee) and brew in a coffee machine.
Froth milk.
To froth milk using a French press, heat milk on the stovetop (simmer) or in a microwave then pour it into a French press. Use the plunger to pump warm milk until it doubles in volume.
The quickest and best way to froth milk at home is to use an electric milk frother which heats and froths at the same time.
Pour coffee into a cup. Add frothed milk.
The drink is equal parts coffee and milk but you can adjust it to your taste.

————————————————————-
Black tea

2 cups water
2 tsp tea powder or bag
1 tsp cane sugar optional

Instructions
To begin with first boil water well.
Add tea powder.(bag)
Boil for atleast 3 mins.
The color changes to darker shade.
Look at the color.
Switch off.
Remove from flame, close with lid and set aside for few mins for all the flavours to steep in.
Now add sugar. I used cane sugar.
Strain and add black tea to it.
Mix well.
Add to serving glass and serve hot!
—————————————————————-
Cola
ice

Please ice into your class and slowly pour cola into your glass half way.

————————————————————
Green tea
Ice
INGREDIENTS

1 tea bag (or 1 teaspoon loose-leaf tea) per 6 to 8 ounces of water, depending on desired strength.

Optional add-ins: sliced lemon, sweetener of choice, fresh mint leaves, sliced cucumber

INSTRUCTIONS

For the best flavor, if you're using tea bags, snip off the corners and dump the loose tea into your pitcher. Or, just put the whole bags in the pitcher for tea that is *almost* as awesome and way easier to make. Pour in room temperature or cold water.
Cover the pitcher and refrigerate. Steep white or green tea for 6 to 8 hours; steep black or oolong tea for 8 to 12 hours.
Once your time is up, strain the loose-leaf tea out of the pitcher by pouring the tea through a fine mesh sieve (for best results, cover the sieve with a cheesecloth or paint-straining bag used exclusively for food products) or just pull out the tea bags. Discard the tea or tea bags.
Serve tea as is or with any add-ins of your choice. Tea will keep well, covered and refrigerated, for 3 to 5 days.

 Tea will keep well, covered and refrigerated, for 3 to 5 days