37.Green curry, soup curry and beef tendon curry

Green curry INGREDIENTS
1 1/2 tablespoons oil
2 tbsp green curry paste, Maesri brand preferred
8 oz. (226 g) chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
1/2 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup water
4 oz. (115 g) bamboo shoot
5 kaffir lime leaves , lightly bruised
2 red chilies, cut into thick strips
1 tablespoon fish sauce
1 tablespoon sugar or palm sugar (preferred)
1/4 cup Thai basil leaves
INSTRUCTIONS
Heat up a pot over medium heat and add the oil. Saute the green curry paste until aromatic, add the chicken and stir to combine well with the curry paste. Add the coconut milk and water and bring it to a quick boil.
Add the bamboo shoots, kaffir lime leaves, and red chilies. Lower the heat to simmer, cover the pot and let simmer for 10 minutes or until the curry slightly thickens.

Add the fish sauce, sugar, and basil leaves. Stir to mix well. Turn off the heat and serve immediately with steamed rice.
——————————————

Soup curry (closes one I can find sorry jut cut the ingredients into small pieces)

2 carrots, peeled and quartered

1 ear of corn, cut into thick rings

1 eggplant, cut into thick wedges lengthways

1 green capsicum, cut into 5cm strips

2 king oyster mushrooms, halved lengthways (or quartered if very thick)

4 tbsp vegetable oil, or olive oil

4 chicken marylands, skin removed

1 tsp flake salt

1 brown onion, grated

2 cloves garlic, finely chopped

1 tbsp grated ginger

1 tbsp ground cumin

1 tbsp ground coriander

1 tbsp paprika

1 tsp garam marsala

1 cinnamon stick

½ cup tomato passata

1 bay leaf

1.5 litres water or chicken stock

1 tbsp each sake, soy sauce and mirin

½ cup loosely packed basil leaves, roughly torn

2 hard-boiled eggs, to serve

1. Heat your oven to 190C (fan forced). Toss the vegetables in two tablespoons of the oil and arrange on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Scatter with salt and bake the vegetables uncovered for 25-30 minutes until they are roasted and tender.

2. Season the chicken marylands with salt and brown, two at a time, in a little oil in a large pot and set them aside. Add the onion, garlic and ginger to the pot and fry for about two minutes until softened (add a little more oil if you need to). Add the spices, tomato passata and bay leaf and fry for a further minute until fragrant. Add the water or stock, sake, soy sauce and mirin and bring to a simmer. Return the chicken to the pot and simmer for 30 minutes, until the chicken is tender. Stir through the basil leaves.

3. Place one chicken maryland in each bowl and add the roasted vegetables and half an egg.

4. Pour over the curry soup and serve with thick-sliced, buttered bread or steamed rice

 Pour over the curry soup and serve with thick-sliced, buttered bread or steamed rice

Beef tendons curry
INGREDIENTS
▢ 3 pounds boneless beef chuck (1.3 kg, cut into large 1½-inch cubes)
▢ 1/4 cup oil (plus 1 tablespoon, divided)
▢ 4 cloves garlic (minced)
▢ 5 shallots (finely chopped)
▢ One 6-inch section of lemongrass
▢ 3 bay leaves
▢ 1/3 cup good curry powder
▢ 1 teaspoon turmeric
▢ 4 cups chicken broth (or water)
▢ 4 teaspoons sugar
▢ 2 tablespoons tomato paste
▢ 2 medium onions (cut into large chunks)
▢ 3 large potatoes (cut into large chunks)
▢ 2 carrots (cut into large chunks)
▢ 1½ cups coconut milk (355 ml)
▢ 1½ teaspoons salt (or to taste)

INSTRUCTIONS
First, blanch the beef to get rid of any impurities. Boil a pot of water, add the chunks of beef, and bring to a boil again. Drain immediately and set aside.
Heat 1/4 cup of oil in a heavy-bottomed pot over medium low heat. Add the garlic, shallots, lemongrass, and bay leaves to infuse the oil. Cook for a few minutes. Then turn the heat down to the lowest setting and add the curry powder and turmeric. Stir until well-combined. If need be, add a little bit more oil so the curry powder doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan. Take care not to burn the spices!
After a minute, add in the beef, chicken broth, sugar and tomato paste. Turn up the heat and bring the mixture to a boil. Once boiling, give the mixture a stir, turn the heat back down to medium, and cover. Let the curry simmer (covered) for 60-75 minutes. Check on the curry occasionally to stir and make sure your curry isn't burning.

While the curry is simmering, prepare the onions, potatoes, and carrots. Next, heat a tablespoon of oil in your wok over medium heat. Cook the onions until transparent (about 2 minutes). Transfer to a separate dish and set aside.
After the beef is done simmering, it's time to add the coconut milk, potatoes, and carrots. Turn up the heat, mix everything well, and bring to a boil. Once boiling, turn the heat down again to medium low, cover, and simmer for another 20 minutes.
By now, the potatoes, carrots, and beef should be tender. Add the onions and salt to taste. If need be, turn up the heat and reduce the liquid a bit to thicken the sauce. The sauce should be thick, but there should still be plenty left to pour over your rice. This one gets better after sitting in the refrigerator overnight, so don't be afraid to make a big batch!

 This one gets better after sitting in the refrigerator overnight, so don't be afraid to make a big batch!