The Three G's

3rd POV:

Grief, Guilt, and Galled. Harry felt it.
He was forced to bed in the nurses room. Even if he could he didn't want to leave. He wanted to die. It was all his fault, Sirius died because Harry didn't protect him.

The reason he was in the hospital was because they had to pull each individual shard of glass out of his body. But today was the day he got to go back to the common room. It was dreadful. They wouldn't let him stay any longer or he would be in trouble. He slowly begin to pack all the gifts, sweets, and cards he had received from others in the castle.

He opened one of the ones that Draco had gotten him.
'Life sucks sometimes, but I promise it will get better. I'm sorry about Sirius.'
-D. Malfoy'

'Yeah right.' Harry thought. 'Life gets better? How will it get better if I can't defend myself, or my Godfather.'

Luna came into the room. He looked up as she did.

"Hi, Harry. I was wondering if you'd like any help. I was going to head down to the Slytherin common room anyways to see Draco."

"Thank you for the offer, Luna. That would actually be nice. No one's come to see me in a while, I didn't think anyone would come today. I thought I would have to make multiple trips." Harry said.

"Hermione came yesterday. Yesterday night. When you were asleep. She was too scared to face you awake." Luna commented, helping Harry gather things.
Harry sighed. He didn't think he could face her either, he finally realized that she had treated him so bad over the past few years. He didn't know if they would ever be so close again.

Once they finished bagging things up they each grabbed four bags each and headed down to the Slytherin common room.

"Lots of people are wondering what happened. Are you going to tell them?" Luna asked.
"I don't know Luna. I think I need time to heal and I don't know how long it will take."
Luna nodded.

When they entered the common room, Harry went straight to the boys beds to put his things away and Luna followed, making no reaction to the gawking students.
After Luna set his things down, Harry told her she could go into the living space. Luna did as he said, she knew that he needed time alone. He was still grieving.

Once Harry had put away his things, he locked up his trunk. And sat on his bed.

"I know how you feel Harry." Draco said, coming into the room.
"No you don't." Harry said. "It's my fault."
"From what I heard it's Dumbledore's fault. He's talked all about it to the other students. He said that he knew it was only a matter of time before the Dark Lord made the connection between you and himself. He said he thought distancing himself from you, as he has done all year, the Dark Lord would be less tempted, and therefore that you might be more protected."
Draco explained.

"The prophecy said: neither one can live while the other survives. It means one of us is going to have to kill the other, in the end. Why didn't he tell me if he cares so much of my protection." Harry asks.

"Harry, you've suffered for so long. For all these years. He didn't want to cause you more pain. More worry."

/////////////////////////////////////

In the late evening, Harry dragged himself out of the sleeping chambers and stumbled upon Luna in an empty corridor.
"How come you're not at the feast?" Harry asked.
"Lost all my possessions. Draco thinks people have been hiding them." Luna replies.

"Thats awful!" Harry said.
"Oh, its all good fun, like hide and seek. But it is the last night and I need them back."

"Do you need help finding your things?"
"Im sorry about your Godfather, Harry." Luna said.
Harry was suddenly overcome with anger and guilt.
Luna took his hand,
"I understand." She says.

"Are you sure you don't need any help?" Harry asks again, trying to distract himself. Luna smiled but shook her head no.
"My mum always said that the things we lose have a way of coming back to us in the end."

Luna looked up at the ceiling, Harry following her eyes. He spots a pair of shoes hanging from a statue on a column.
"Just not always the way we expect. I think I'll just go have some pudding."

Luna waved goodbye and started to skip down to the feast.
/////////////////////////////////////

Harry walked with Draco and Blaise back to the Slytherin common room. He was silent the whole way and seemed to be out of it while packing his things.

Draco watched Blaise walk out of the room. He walked up next to Harry and Draco put his hand to Harry's lower back. Harry didn't flinch. Didn't move.

"Are you okay?" Draco asked. Harry blinked rapidly.
"I don't know anymore."

The answer surprised Draco and made a weird squeak sound.
Harry quickly jerked to the side and looked at him.

"Sorry. Did you ask me something?" Harry mumbled.
"But- but you responded?" Draco said. Harry tilted his head in that cute way every girl loved. Even some of they guys found to be fond of it. Including Draco.

"Oh." He said, shoving the last of his things in his bags.
"Harry.. Do you-" Draco started. "Do you need someone to talk to?"

Harry drawed-back, studying Draco. He thought of Sirius. They way he just left. Like he turned to some kind of mist.
He opened his mouth but no words came out. He felt a bulge in his throat and water seep into his eyes.

He soon felt a warmness surround him.
"If you do, I won't laugh. I won't spread rumors. I'll listen. If you need someone I'm here." Draco whispered. Harry felt his vision blur, and warm liquid fall down his face.

Draco pulled himself away, raising his hand to Harry's face. He used his thumb to run the tears away.
"Please don't keep it all in. Don't let it build up. Okay?" Draco said.
Harry shakily nodded.

"C'mon. Let go to the train."
/////////////////////////////////////
1056 words

You guys this is so cute and cheesy I cant.