10

*******************************************************************************************************

Maes POV

I always felt- well knew life for the white folk were always different from the negroes and today i experienced this first hand. Pierre walked calmly on wall street as I followed behind him , his smell of the strong cologne, and the street food mixed and made a unusual smell.  I could feel the white peoples eyes follow me as i walked behind Pierre but he walked so fast. The crowds of people were also holding me back. My foot suddenly got tugged and everything was blurred out, I felt my knees and forehead sting.

“Filthy  negro!” A man on the side of my groaned and grinned.

I lightly touched my forehead and more burning occurred.   I winced and looked at the blood on my finger tips.

The other white folk around me laughed.

“I guess its time to get up,” I said to myself.

“WHAT DID YOU SAY NEGRO?”

I shook my head , if i say anything else it could mean my life.

“OH SHES NOT SPEAKING NOW , EH?” A white lady yelled.

I looked around the crowd of white people , all around me. I honestly don’t know what to do. Any sudden move could get me killed. I felt a hand grab my wrist, the hand was younger because he was young. Pie-. Nope. Not pierre, a young white man in a officers uniform dragged me off the floor and yanking me to a alley with two other men, maybe about my age.

I clutched my fist.

“What do you think you’re doing , negro? Walking ‘round here like you’re somebody!”

They dragged me into a alley. and threw me against a building wall. I could feel the bricks scrape against my back.   one of the young men began undoing his belt.

Petrified as I am, I gathered all my strength and tried to make a run for it but the officer grabbed my wrist and yanking me back to the ground.

“UGH!” the man undoing his belt grunted. I glanced up front he floor.

Pierre appeared and  was fighting two  guys, the officer began to reach for his billy club i jumped on him and tried to hold him back.

Pierre manage to somehow knock out the first guy , the 2nd guy took off. Pierre then took the officers billy club and hit him in the back of the head knocking him out.

He grabbed my wrist and dragged me to his car.

**