16

*Pierres Point Of View*

After Matthew nearly gave me a heart attack with a thousand and one questions, thoughts of Mae ran through my head....  Why did I think letting her walk home at this time at this night a good idea plus shes a negro .... But, then again she always walked-

"Pierre!" jerry yelled from the front door.  "There's guest at the door for you!"

I'm really not in the mood to be bothered , "send them away, its not a good time right now." I got up to peep out the window to see if I recognized the vehical out in the front. Unfortunately its too dark to see.

"She said it's an emergency!" jerry yelled back.

Lord, if its another broad begging for money.... Im just going to lose it. I walk to thw front and saw a short black negro women. Her nose was red and it seemed as if she had been crying for hours.

"A-Are you the Pierre Coats?"

Where is she getting the 'The' from? "Yes, I am." I replied.
The short negro woman walked up to me and started grabbing me by the collar yanking me back and forth. She's definitely more strong then I'd imagine.

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO MAE? What did you do to Ana Mae you sick bastard!?" she yelled as more tears fell down her face. I grabbed both of her wrist and push her into a wall. Jerry and Matthew just stood there. Not helping at all.

"What in the hell are you talking about?" I hollered back.

The woman snatched her wrist away from me and couldn't make eye contact and just stared at the floor. She slouched down and started to weep more. "Her place is wrecked- the police said her mother was found murder in her apartment and Ana Mae, my bestfriend, is no where to be found." she started to wale loudly crying. "SO WHAT DID YOU DO?WHAT DID YOU DO TO HER?!"

Im in total shock and I cant entirely processed what this lady said. I picked up my coat. "I'm going to find Mae."

"Matthew and Jerry, watch her until i come back." they looked so dumbfounded. "Treat her like a person please, not a maid"

I stormed at the house, I have no clue where to even start looking for Mae. Its only been about 2 hours since shes left my house. And so many people could've wanted to harm her. The beauty mark girl, the people who tried to beat her up last time. I started toward her apartment to see if I can find any clues.

Luckily I still have Mae's resume and it has her address. Going to her apartment I was actually scared what I was going to see, It was dead quiet and no police were in the area. Hopefully the police got rid of her moms body. I carefully unlocked the door and walked in. Turning the light on I saw blood and glass everywhere. I walked into the kitchen and saw Mae's raggily trench coat on the floor. And on top of the trench coat it was a a card that read 'J.M' and it looked so familiar.

Jujiro Matsuda.

*************
Ana Mae's POV.

Beauty mark girl? I tried to recall. But my head was still throbbing. And being tied up isn't making me feel more comfortable.

The japanese man stared at me. "We sent a woman to murder Coats, but she never came back."

Then it hit me. "I-I-I knocked her unconscious with a vase."

"Murder her!" his wife yelled.

"But she isnt dead! I'm not sure what happened to her! "

Both of their eyes open wide in disbelief.