Chapter 35: Oceans

The ocean roared

The ocean roared. 

Waves catapulted themselves at the ship who dared to venture into its icy territory. Shards of rain and hail fell from the inky sky above, pounding the surface of the intruder relentlessly.

 The sea sent its artillery out to destroy, and the water crashed itself against all sides of the boat viciously as a result. The waves rose high in the most violent part of the storm, before falling and spilling itself all across the deck of the wooden maiden in an attempt to drown it.

Below deck, cold water splattered through the cracks, dripping on those seeking shelter from the storm. The ship shifted, rocking back and forth violently as it not only took the abuse from the storm - but fought back.

Glowing eyes akin to embers cracked open.

Kyros awoke from his unconscious state in alarm. The air was cold around him, and light struggled to peek out from the cracks and holes in his wooden cell framed by thick, silver bars.

He was on the floor, no bed was provided or basic necessities.

His arms drew forward in an attempt to push himself up, but he found that cuffs encircled each of his wrists, and were connected to a short chain on the wall. Looking down, he noticed his ankles were in a similar position.

His eyes rolled. That's a little dramatic, he thought.

It appeared that he was in a prison, and looking around, he noticed that there was another person in a cell across from him.

They weren't moving.

Sighing, he sat up to the best of his abilities and leaned his back against the wall. He was cold, and he furrowed his eyebrows when he looked down at his crotch and realized he was naked. He must've shifted back shortly after he passed out.

Great. Can this get any worse?

Footsteps thudded towards him, and he sat up a bit to see who would be coming to visit him. When the person made an appearance, he found it was Reuben's face that showed itself.

"Worse. It can always get worse." Kyros groaned.

Reuben's face twisted in confusion as he stepped towards the bars of his cell.

"Going crazy already? It's only been two days." He asked.

Kyros scoffed. "I believe you need to redefine the meaning and apply it to yourself."

"Excuse me?"

Kyros turned to look up at Reuben, who peered down at him with a look of irritation plastered on his face. "What possibly made you think that capturing a king would be a good idea? Not only have you committed a serious crime, but you also betrayed your queen. You've become your own executioner, unless I get to you first, of course."